Chapter 8

Evangeline’s P.O.V

I was crying for about five minutes in Harry’s shoulder when I realized what I was doing, apparently Harry was either really enjoying my pain and agony or actually cared about me; and that’s why he was letting me cry on his shoulder. I stopped crying and looked up at Harry with my watery eyes, “I’m so sorry for breaking down like that, Harry. I guess that after everything that has happened all these years that I was holding in finally just came out.” I let out another sob when he said, “It’s okay, you shouldn’t have to hold everything in like that, and you don’t always have to be strong.”

“But I really have to Harry, I always depended on myself and so I couldn’t let minor things affect me. When I break down like that, when I’m on my own, I am vulnerable.” At this point I was staring into his bright green eyes and I could tell he had something to say.

Harry’s P.O.V

I was about to tell Evangeline that I really like her, and I could tell that she wanted me to say something to break the silence but before I could pluck up the courage I heard someone coming through the portrait hole, Evan breaks the hug and starts going upstairs with her stuff. Finally the person that ruined the moment made its appearance in the common room and it is none other than Seamus; the one that liked Evan also but actually did something about it. The very thought of her and him together just makes me angry all over again.

“Harry, have you seen Eva? She said she would be in the Great Hall for dinner in ten minutes, it has been ten minutes and she wasn’t there so I just wanted to make sure she was okay.” By the look on his face, I could tell he really was worried about Evan and knowing that he really liked her made my heart drop.

“Ummm, yea, she went upstairs to her dorm. She should be back down soon.” I picked up my book that I had been studying in before dinner and acted totally casual, as if she had not just opened up to me and I didn’t know she was probably trying to hide that she was crying earlier, this was our secret. Just as Seamus sat down to wait for Evan, she came downstairs, more like tripped, and sure enough she had cleaned her face so it didn’t look like she was crying, and even changed her outfit as she really had been freshening up the entire time; nice touch.

“Oh, Seamus, I didn’t know you came back, have you been waiting long?” She asked trying to recover from the trip.

“I just came back to make sure you were still going to dinner.”

“Oh I most definitely am. Let’s go.” She grabbed his hand then abruptly stopped and acknowledged me, “Harry, aren’t you coming to eat?” She offered her hand; I just stared at it, looking at Seamus from the corner of my eye, he looked disappointed when she offered her hand. I didn’t take her hand I just nodded and followed them to the Great Hall. Seamus and Evan were talking and laughing the entire way there and during dinner, so I just kind of scooted down and started talking to Hermione and Ron.

“Where were you, mate?” Ron asked.

“Don’t be silly, Ronald, we know very well he was talking to Malfoy.” She practically spat on the name.

“Hermione, her first name is Evangeline, her last name is Malfoy; it is polite to call people by their first names!” I basically shouted at her.

“I know, Harry, but she was really rude to you on the train, and I haven’t forgiven her for that.” She said concerned. *Ron was stuffing his face*

“But she has apologized, and I have forgiven her; so you should too.” I stated coldly. Ron just started paying attention.

“You know he’s right Hermione.  Maybe Evangeline was trying to act like her brother because she would have to live up to her name when she was sorted with Slytherin. Because if I recall from the first time we met her she was really nice and sweet, but still short-tempered.” He stopped and went back eating.