Chapter 2

Evangeline's P.O.V

The dinner is at eight o’clock on the dot, so I have two and a half hours to get ready; I start by taking another shower, drying my hair, then picking out a dress, I decide to wear a long, black strapless dress, it’s not poofy like a ball gown, it goes straight down and only slightly out. After picking out my dress, I curl my dark brown, medium length hair and put it up in a messy bun so some curls are falling next to my cheeks, then I apply my makeup; light foundation, light blue almost silver eyeshadow and dark blue eyeliner, skin color blush, and light pink gloss. Finally I slip on my dress and my silver heels with a couple of rhinestones on a strap, then I went over to my jewelry box; I found a simple sliver diamond band and placed it on my middle finger on my left hand, next I found simple, large diamond stud earrings, then a black, silver and green hair pin, where I placed next to my bun. Just as I placed the pin in my hair, I heard a faint knock on the door.

“Come in!” I gently said                                                        

“Evan, are you ready, the guests are about to start arriving?” Draco asked not looking at my eyes.

“Yes I am ready, and Draco I’m your sister you don’t have to hide your eyes from mine.” I said jokingly.

“I wasn’t hiding! And you look great!” He said defensively and enthusiastically.

“Thank you, you don’t look too bad yourself. So how torturous will this night be?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well, there will be death eaters there, and they are pretty good at the cruciatus curse. And well Blaise and a couple other Slytherins will be there, oh and I think Blaise fancies you.” He told me with his signature smirk.

 I laughed at this comment and said, “Yea true about the death eaters, isn’t that how the majority of them were sent to Azkaban Prison, by having too much fun with the cruciatus curse?” I asked rhetorically then continued, “Oh and Blaise is so not my type.” I said with a smile.

“Too bad for him, well I guess we better get downstairs before mum blows a lid.” He said as he asked for my arm (FYI: nothing romantic but just friendly), then asked, “Shall we?” I responded by nodding and taking his arm.

When we were in sight of everyone, Blaise was there winking at me as I approached the stairs with Draco, mum introduced us to her fellow death eaters “Friends, I present my daughter Evangeline and my son Draco, and may they please us all in the years to come.” I made an expression on my face to say ‘Please them?’ Draco replied to my facial expression by whispering “They are hoping we will become death eaters and please the Dark Lord.” I nodded as we continued down the staircase.

We were introduced to all the Death Eaters, then had dinner, and then danced, during the entire night Blaise tried to hold my hand, dance with me or flirt with me around my parents in hope of them thinking we would make a cute couple when we are older. What are my thoughts on his actions, gag! At every move he made I jerked away and gave him the famous Malfoy glare, which luckily gave the same message as if Draco had given it. As the grandfather clock stroke twelve the guests started leaving and Blaise actually talked our parents into letting him stay over until school started. ‘Oh lord! If this boy makes more moves on me I’ll curse him! So I just have to place protective enchantments on my room.’ So when all the guests left I ran to my room and changed into pj’s, unfortunately mum assigned him to the guest room on my floor, how cruel right?

Days past and Malfoy Manor was relatively quiet except for Blaise’s snoring and me yelling at Blaise for not leaving me alone and before I knew it, it was the day to go to Diagon Alley. Draco, Blaise, and I got our Hogwart’s letters so mum apparated us there; first we went to Madame Malkin’s Robes For All Occasions to get our robes, then Flourish and Botts to get our books, we visited other shops to get school supplies and when we were done mum gave Draco and I 100 galleons to spend on whatever we would like. Draco wanted to go into the quidditch shop; I (pretended) to have no interest in the sport so I told mum I would go to the ice cream parlor to go over my list and have a bite to eat, she told me she met some old friends and decided to catch up in the Leaky Cauldron so I would have to go by myself and we would meet the boys in front of Borgin and Burkes. I escaped before Blaise could follow me, he is a nice friend and not completely ugly but he just isn’t my type. ‘Before school starts I seriously need to make him realize that I am not interested!’