Chapter 19

Evangeline’s P.O.V

As Seamus pulled me to a hideout, I couldn’t ignore the sparks that shot through my arm as he was holding my hand. Fortunately, Blaise came and snapped me back to my senses. How I wish I didn’t have to be a pureblood, future death eater, and terrible person?! I just want to be me; Evangeline Danielle, the girl who loves potions and is in love with Seamus Finnigan. But my life must be complicated.

I spent the majority of the night in Slytherin common room talking with Blaise, Draco, Adrian, Terence, Crabbe, and Goyle; well Crabbe and Goyle were actually just there not speaking except for a stupid comment…Bloody gits… Most of the girls resented me because I had the blokes’ attention, I was in Gryffindor, and so many more reasons. Around midnight, I left to return to my common room. I arrived to the Fat Lady’s portrait expecting everyone to be sound asleep; I was wrong. I was shocked to see Kyla arguing with the Fat Lady at this time of night.

“It’s none of your business as to where I was or why I’m out past curfew. Just let me in for fecks sake!” Kyla shouted. I noticed her voice kept cracking; her face was red and blotchy with tear stains. I stepped forward getting their attention, Kyla scoffed at my presence while the Fat Lady clicked her tongue against her teeth.

“My, my two young girls out after curfew. I will be sure to tell the headmaster.” Kyla groaned at the Fat Lady’s threat.

“Do whatever you must but let us pass so we can all go back to sleep.” I bargained.

“Fine, alright, go on.” The Fat Lady compromised opening the portrait. Kyla and I walked in, or actually Kyla stormed in, obviously still furious at me.

“Kyla is everything alright?” I asked grabbing her attention, she scoffed yet again.

“No, now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be going to bed now.” She stated trying to scurry off to the dorms.

“If you need anything, I am here okay?” I expressed my concern. She looked at me like I was mad. “I know you probably don’t want to speak to me but I’m trying to make things better between us. I should never have let some boy take me away from my best friend. I was stupid.” I surrendered.

“Yes you were.” She stated, venom dripping off her words, she raced up to her room.

I stayed in the common room for a while, just thinking; I am split in two. One is angry at everyone for judging me and dramatic, ready to let all emotions go in order to please my family, and to not be rejected by them. Two is sad that I’ve been so stupid and regrets everything I’ve done and just wants to apologise and have a normal life. As I was thinking, I subconsciously started fiddling with my ring, which got me to thinking about Blaise. He is a really sweet, good friend; he helps me sort through my problems and I can tell him anything without having to worry about him judging me. We still have our flirtatious moments but he knows how much I fancy Seamus so he wouldn’t try to date me. I really don’t know how I could stay even somewhat sane without him. Finally deciding I’m tired, I walked up to my dorm, changed into my pajamas, fell into bed and let my mind drift off.

*Dream* “Mother, I can’t do that. Haven’t I done enough for you already?” I shouted, throwing things around the study. “I have gone out of my way for this family and now this? I won’t go through with it!”

“Sweetheart, you must. Your father and I both figured out what happened with those filthy half-bloods during the year. We want the best for you and we feel that this will make everything easier for you.” She said calmly.

“Couldn’t you have told me before it was all set in stone?” I questioned sadly.

“We wanted to but figured this way would be best for you. Blaise is actually the one who suggested we keep it secret for a while until you were ready. He really cares for you, Evangeline. That must count for something.” She pleaded before departing the study quietly without another word, leaving me still fuming.  *Dream ends*