Chapter 10

Evangeline’s P.O.V

Draco and I have been spending every free minute of our time in the library researching on me and anything that could possibly deal with me. But I have new activities to occupy my time; yep I am the new Gryffindor head chaser! I trained my but off after the scrimmage against the boys so that I could be extra prepared, but it didn’t last long all thanks to Professor Pink Toad-Face and her new ‘position’ as high inquisitor, in which she abuses. Oddly though, she has taken a liking to me. Most likely because of reasons:

            A) I’m a pureblood and Draco’s sister, she adores Draco

            B) I act like a teacher’s pet towards her because I am suspicious of her and her intentions for Hogwart’s. Why am I suspicious of her? Well she kisses up to Fudge, she hates half-breeds and Harry, and she just fakes her happiness.

            C) She heard about my episode against Harry on the train and thinks I’m just like her… ‘Heck to the no!!!’

            D)  She honestly thinks I am an undercover death eater whose mission is to get close to Harry for the Dark Lord’s advantage.

So basically, she is terrified of me and my power and she feels threatened by me. I have to admit it’s kind of awesome having her terrified of me.

FF to 2:30 in the morning- Evangeline is writing in her journal *italics means not in journal*

Today Kyla, Seamus, the twins and I are going to Hogsmead. And it’s all thanks to Professor Pink Toad Face wrapped around my little finger. After I got permission from toad-face it was just going to be a girls trip with Kyla and I to buy dresses for the Halloween Ball, but the twins eavesdropped on us using their new product, extendable ears, so they decided they would crash our trip to Hogsmead. They were talking, really loudly I might add, so loudly that Seamus came downstairs to see what in “Merlin’s Beard” was going on. Of course being Fred and George and not being capable of keeping anything on the dl, they spilled our plans. So naturally Seamus decided to tag along.

The plan was that girls and guys would go their separate ways then meet up in the Three Broomsticks at two o’clock.  Kyla and I would be going into various boutiques and they boys would most likely stay in Zonko’s Joke Shop blowing their money.

I take another look at the clock, two forty-five! You have got to be kidding me!

Tonight is another night I cannot sleep, why can I not sleep?! Oh right my brother suggested to write in my journal every day since I am ‘powerful’ (according to the sorting hat) and usually powerful people are seers, so therefore it is a possibility I am a seer. Draco says if I can’t sleep it’s for a reason, usually because something is on my mind or something is troubling me and that I should write about it. But will it really help? I mean I doubt that Trelawney or Harry is writing down why they cannot sleep. Lord I do hope that I do not end up like them, or Voldemort. But the thing is I have nothing to write about except what’s going on in my head. And there is no way that this could help with anything in the future!

I take another look at the clock, three-thirty! Yes! Still no sleep but atleast time seems to be going by faster.

I wonder if Seamus can sleep, if he can I am really envious of him. But most likely he isn’t being a teenage boy and all. I wonder what he is dreaming about, wow stalkerish much? He is super sweet and funny, I wonder why he and Harry don’t get along, they are both extremely nice guys! I think he needs to know about my real identity, he deserves to know. And yes, he has actually been really sweet, as always, and not pestering me about my life. Someone, besides Kyla and Draco, need to know why I am a Malfoy and in Gryffindor and stop being so suspicious of me. Due to me being a Malfoy, I do take pride in myself and now I am going to be showing it, despite the circumstances I am in! From now on, I will no longer let other people’s judgment affect my attitude and personality!