Chapter 17

Evan’s P.O.V (next day, Saturday)

For the first time in a while, I didn’t have a dream last night. ‘Guess that’s what having a cheating boyfriend does to you. Time to confront him.” I showered and got dressed, a bit more nicely than I usually wear, ‘Hey, I have to show Harry what he’s going to miss, right?’ But in all honesty, not being with Harry kinda makes me feel like I have more freedom and can be more careless. When I was done, I grabbed my shoulder bag (Harry so kindly brought it up since I left it in the Room of Requirement) and walked downstairs. As I approached the common room, I noticed most of Gryffindor house was in there; Ron, Harry, Hermione, Seamus, Dean, the twins, Kyla, Ginny, etc. Deciding I wasn’t hungry, I looked for a secluded place to sit; there wasn’t one unless I wanted to resemble a loner (despite how I was feeling, I was not that against everyone). ’Merlin, if I was to go back upstairs I will look like an idiot whom cannot make up her mind!’

Seamus looked at me, as soon as our eyes met, my stomach filled with the same butterflies that were there before. I realized at that instant, I never, ever liked Harry more than a friend; I only dated him in attempt to get over Seamus. I looked over to Kyla, Seamus was right, I haven’t focused on my life since I dated Harry; but my life before Harry was filled with happiness and good times with Kyla, the twins, and mostly Seamus. Thinking back on to the amazing times I had with them just made me realize how much I missed Seamus and how we seemed to fit together like an inseparable puzzle piece. I looked over to the trio who were giving me weird looks, as if to say ‘what are you doing?’ Deciding to rebuild a friendship instead of confronting Harry now, I walked over to Kyla and the twins. ”Is it okay that I join you?” I asked shyly. Kyla smiled big and said, “Of course!” She continued her conversation with the twins, when she finished she diverted her attention to me. “So have you finished that horrid potions essay?”

“Yes I did, and it wasn’t that horrid.”

“Right, I forget I am speaking to the potions nerd.” She teased.

“I am not a potions nerd!” I defended.

Fred and George butted into the conversation. “Coming from the girl who reads ahead in her potions book and checks out advanced potions books for fun.”

“It’s not that advanced!” I exclaimed.

“Evan, we haven’t even covered this material yet!” Fred began.

“I’m surprised Snape hasn’t moved you into the Slytherin House just so he can give as many points to his potions prodigy that he can.” They snickered together.

“He would never give points to a previous Gryffindor student.”

“Guys, she knows that she has a point, like always.” Kyla retorted.

“Kyla oyu might want to choose your words wisely around us two. We can always ‘accidentally’ give you a puking pastille or a nosebleed nougat.” They warned placing air quotes around accidentally.

Kyla had her mouth open gaping, “You wouldn’t dare!”

Fred and George smirked and said, “Oh I think we both know you know we would.”

I pipped in, “What’s a puking pastle- whatever and nosebleed nougat?”

“Our inventions, initially created to get students out of class whenever they like.” They replied in unison.

“Brilliant!” I exclaimed.

“Oh we know which is why we have started selling them.” Fred said.

We had more small talk while Kyla and I were doing our homework and the other Gryffindors entered and exited the common room. Soon it was time for lunch abd about half of the people who were in the common room left for the Great Hall. Fred and George hurried to the Great Hall while Kyla and I stayed a while longer to pack up all our study materials.