Chapter 4

Evangeline’s P.O.V

For the remainder of the night, I was completely in a trance; I followed Kyla to Gryffindor tower, since she is the only person that will speak to me. I keep glancing at my snake ring and necklace, how on earth was I in Gryffindor? Kyla led me to the Common Room and then gave me directions to the girls’ dormitory but told me she was going to stay in the Common Room for a while longer, I gave her a slight nod, she was a great friend but right now I seriously needed time alone to think. So before going to bed I took a shower, wrapped my hair in a towel, and changed into my pj’s, I changed into black yoga pants and immediately went to grab my emerald green cami out of habit, as soon as I realized it I grabbed a red one ‘Better show house spirit somehow before people get more suspicious’. I took the towel out of my hair, it’s still wet, and lay down on my bed the other girls came in throughout the night, I know this because I couldn’t fall asleep, by the time everyone was in their bed’s asleep I decided to get up put on my robe, and explore the castle, yes Professor Dumbledore had mentioned there was a curfew, but I didn’t care at the moment I really needed to think somewhere alone, where no one could read my thoughts. I had no idea where I was going but I didn’t care, I never got lost, so I decided to let my legs continue going wherever they were going, it was not until I was outside the castle I got a little worried. My legs led me to the Black Lake, ‘perfect spot to think’, I arrived there at 11:45 but it wasn’t until three hours later until I left, yes during that time I did absolutely nothing. When I felt a little tired, I decided to head back to the castle when, ‘Oh here we go again’, I bumped into someone I could not see in the dark. “Watch where you are going will you?!” Shouted, none other than my brother, Draco Malfoy.

“I will when you will!” I retorted with the famous Malfoy smirk.

“Oh, Evan, sorry I didn’t know it was you. What are you doing out here so late at night?

“I could ask you the same question, and it’s early in the morning.”

“Fine, I was going back from the Black Lake where I was thinking.” He said nonchalantly

“I guess great minds think alike.” I smiled back

“Yea, so how has your day as a Gryffindor been?” He asked sincerely.

“Horrible, I thought I was in Slytherin, so I was bombarded with shock. And the only person that bothers to speak to me is Kyla, all the other Gryffindors don’t know why I’m in there. And truthfully neither do I.”

“I don’t know either but maybe it has something to do with our blood line, or your personality, what did the sorting hat say to you?”

“We have the same blood line, Draco, so I hardly think that’s the reason. He said ‘Ah a Malfoy, but wait, a Malfoy that has been told many lies and tries to impress those she cares deeply about even if it means not being herself you behold a true, kind heart and will do anything for those you love. You also have a very short temper but you do not fancy the dark ways, indeed you are brilliant and intuitive. So too good for Slytherin, not quite Hufflepuff material and not brilliant enough for Ravenclaw…Must be Gryffindor!”  I told him, recalling the exact words of the hat. We stopped walking and sat on a bench outside the castle.

“So, like always, the sorting hat was correct. You are a Malfoy, you have a true, kind heart, you have a short temper, and you are brilliant and intuitive. So the parts that get me are; ‘you have been told many lies, not being yourself, you do not fancy the dark ways, and you are too good for Slytherin. So is it true, that you do not fancy the dark arts?” He asked seriously.

“Honestly, Draco, no. I have no personal interest in doing the Dark Lord’s duties; he should get off his lazy arse and do them himself. I know he is limited being a wanted wizard but I hate the idea of being told when and what to do. I have no intention on hurting anyone that hasn’t done a thing to bother me.” I replied probably too truthfully.