The Spot

BRIANS P.O.V.

Matt harshly whispered in my ear, I tried to ignore his instructions but it was near to impossible when he stood in front of me, waiting for me to place Jennifer off of me, and stand up. I felt frail, nervous, scared. I knew what we wanted to do to me, I knew he wanted me dead, but I didn’t show him my weakness, instead I sighed heavily, pushed Jennifer off of me and stood to confront Matt, who turned on his heel when he saw I was standing.

I saw Matt walk out of the room, I heard everyone around me murmuring, asking what was going on. I ignored every one of them and left for the kitchen. I knew this is what I deserved.

I saw Matt’s agitated, muscular frame leaning on the ivory island. If looks could kill, I’d be dead. I walked through the wide arch and sat on the kitchen counter farthest from Matt, his glare didn’t falter. He was waiting for me to speak first, ask him why he’d called me into the kitchen, but I knew his intentions. I couldn’t look in his eyes so I just stared down at my now heating beer, my anxiety going through the roof.

“Why?” He whispered callously, breaking the awkward silence. I couldn’t respond,  I can’t tell him why or what possessed me to do what I did, but I knew if I didn’t tell him Jimmy or Zack would, I braced myself as I looked out of the window over his shoulder.

“Because I love her” I said so quietly I could barely hear myself say those words, but nevertheless that was the truth and Matt needs to know all of it, before I’m buried alive.

“What?” His voice was burning with rage; if anyone walked through the archway into this room they’d be able to feel the heat in Matt’s body.

 “I love her” I yelled, not caring if my girlfriend could hear me in the other room. I got off of the counter and took one step into Matt, not to close but close enough to hear his heavy breathing.

“Lies, no one does that to someone they love” Matt also positioned himself upright from the counter and took a step into my now weakening body; I braced myself from a punch or ten. “No one in their right mind does that” He shouted just as loudly as I did.

“What’s going on in here?” I saw Jimmy’s fringed head in the archway; we both shot him a quick glance before staring back at each other, trying to figure each other out. "Talk to Uncle Jimmy" he stepped into the kitchen an leaned against the wall, he started to stare at us as if he knew what was happening.

"Brian raped Frankie" Matt's growl of anger boomed through the room, although it never left and no one but us three heard it.

"Dude" Jimmy pretended to be surprised and that he never knew about it because if he told Matt he knew, Matt would kill Jimmy for not telling him.

"It's all your fault she's in that place Brian, you're the reason she's wired up to machines in a coma, did you hear what I said Brian? She's in a coma because of you!" Matt pointed his finger towards my face, his eyes burning with hate, mine burning with tears. "You deserved to be locked up and never go near her again! That's if she survives, she could die because of what you did to her!" Matt's voice raised volume and the once present mumbles of the living room have turned into dead silence. Jimmy, I guess, felt awkward he looked at me with a half-smile and left the room, being careful not to make any noise as he left, I heard Zack just about mumble "What happened, dude?" 

That's when I heard the angry march of Jennifer, when she came into the rather large kitchen her eyes were burning in Matt's, her hands scrunched in tight fists, she was ready and willing to explode.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Her voice reaching a new height of boisterousness, she stormed over to Matt, punching him in the shoulder when she was directly in front of him, making me move back to sit on the counter again . Matt rubbed the area she had just hit and moved his eye-line from my eyes to hers, softening his stare as he looked into her brown, anger burnt eyes. "Frankie being in hospital has nothing to do with Brian! You're just jealous!" She stepped back and put her hands on her hips.