Fever

A/N: Here's a late update for last week. Hope you guys enjoyed this as well.

Please leave your comments and feed backs below. Thank you.

-----

[ September 19, 2014 ]

What's the hardest thing you ever have to do for a friend?

For Alyssa, it's letting go of the person she loves and push her to away so she would end up with her friend.

"Kami na, Ly!" Kiefer exclaimed over the phone.

"C-congrats, Kief." Alyssa said

"Thank you." Kiefer said, happily. "Pero hindi ko talaga magagawa 'to without your help eh. Ang perfect ng idea mong rooftop date." Kiefer gaily said.

"Hindi ah. Efforts mo yun lahat. Sinag-gest ko lang naman yun kasi nasabi nya yun before." Alyssa said

"Yun na nga eh. Your suggestion set up the mood. Iba na talaga pag may wingman na close ni girlfriend. Hahaha. Ang sarap pakinggan na girlfriend ko na sya." Kiefer said, merrily over the phone. "Tapos after nun—"

"Sige na, Kief. Bukas ka na lang magkwento ulit inaantok talaga kasi ako maaga pa kami bukas." Alyssa said and didn't wait for Kiefer to reply before she ended the call.

Alyssa stared at her phone that now displays Mika's picture. The one she's been staring before Kiefer called. It's the picture she took when they first met. It's a bit pixelated yet she could still see her beauty in it. A drop of her tear landed on the phone and that's when Alyssa realized she's crying which she wiped away.

If you're going to ask Alyssa if it hurts, she'll immediately say it doesn't. But deep inside she feels like all her organs are being twisted and bones are being crushed all together. It hurts and she can't do anything about it. Kiefer likes Mika.

Seeing the person she loves and her friend talking to each other was enough to weaken her how much more that they're officially together? But it's not like she has any right to be against them anyway.

"Nagdecide ka na, Alyssa. Panindigan mo na 'to." Alyssa thought

"Ly, okay ka lang?" Ella asked and it snapped Alyssa away from her thoughts. She immediately wipes her tears.

"H-Ha? Oo. Okay lang." Alyssa replied with a small smile after she made sure there are no more tears left.

"Masama ba pakiramdam mo?" Ella asked, worry in her face and voice and put the back of her hand on Alyssa's forehead. "Hala, ang init mo."

"Okay lang ako, Besh." Alyssa replied and laid down her bed. "Iidlip ko lang 'to." Alyssa said smiling at Ella.

"Uminom ka na ba ng gamot?"

"Oo. Kanina."

"Wag ka na muna kaya mag-training bukas?"

"Okay lang ako, Besh. Kailangan ko mag-training." Alyssa said and laid down on her bed. "Tulog na ako ah." Alyssa added and turned her back on Ella.

"Ngayon na tatanungin ni Kief si Mika di ba?" Ella said and Alyssa didn't respond. "Alam mo hindi mo naman kailangan magsinungaling sa'kin eh." Ella said and sat on Alyssa's bed. "Kung nasasaktan ka pwede namang umiyak. Hindi naman masama yun. Hindi naman kita huhusgahan dahil dun." Ella added. "Mas okay na yun kasi alam naman natin na hindi mo sya makakalimutan ng pagpapaka-busy mo sa training ng umaga at paglunod sa luha ng gabi." Ella said and soon after Alyssa's tears are falling again but the latter tries not to make a sound.