Coffee

[ January 2012 ]

Mika is sitting by the window at a coffee shop as she waits for her best friend Jessey to arrive. They haven't met in a while after high school as both of them decided to study at different school. Jessey is her friend since high school where they both became classmates and teammates for St. Scholastica's College volleyball team.

Sliding her fork to the side of her chocolate cake, Mika took a mouthful and savors it. She took a quick sip of her iced coffee when a lady outside caught her attention.

Tall tan skinned lady with long black hair wearing a plain shirt and shorts, carrying a black gym bag, caught her eyes as she look outside the shop. This lady had been walking aimlessly for at least twice now.

Is she lost? Mika thought. Should I help her?

Mika shook her head and thought. I think I shouldn't. Baka dumating na din si Jessey eh.

A text took away her gaze at the lady.

From: Bf
Bf, sorry di ako makakapunta may practice daw pala kami today. Sorry talaga. Bawi ako sa sunod. Love you.

To: Bf
Okay lang, bf. Good luck sa practice. Libre mo ako next time ah. Love you too.

From: Bf
I will. Thank you.

Mika glanced back at the window again expecting to see the lady but she was nowhere to be found.

Baka nakita nya na hinahanap nya Mika thought.

In a short span, Mika had finished her chocolate cake. She then stood up from her seat and took her unfinished iced coffee as she decided to leave the premise. As soon as she turns her heel someone bumped into her causing for her coffee to spill on her.

"Ah!" Mika shrieked from the contact of the cold liquid to her body.

The right side part of her shirt is drenched by her now nearly emptied cup. She looked up to see the person who bumped into her.

"Ye!" Kim gasp. "Ay sorry sorry. Teka upo ka muna." Kim apologetically added and assisted her back to the seat she sat a while ago.

Mika complied and focused on wiping her shirt with napkins that was handed by the crew. She's praying it would remove the stain or at least make it less obvious.

Great. Sa lahat nang araw ngayon pa ako nag-puti. Mika frustratedly thought.

"Eto pa oh." a voice she didn't recognized said

Looking up to see who it is, her eyes landed on the lost lady she was looking outside, sitting across the table and offering her more tissues.

How long has she been here? Mika thought

"Tulog lang, Ye?" Kim said. It was then she noticed Kim occupied the seat next to her.

Snapping from her thoughts. Mika faced Kim and squinted her eyes. "Ikaw na nga nakatapon tapos-" Mika teasingly said

"Ehehe, sorry na talaga." Kim said with a rueful grin and again handed her few napkins.

Mika tried wiping it over and over again but it only dried up a bit leaving a huge stain on her shirt.

"I think kailangan mo ng bagong shirt." the lady across said with concern.

"Bilhan na lang kita ng bagong shirt." Kim suggested, feeling sorry about the incident.

"Wag na, Ate Kim." Mika said and take a good look at her coffee stained shirt. "Pauwi na rin naman na ako."

"Di ka pwede umuwi ng ganyan. Halata yung mantsa." Kim said