Good Man

[ December 25, 2013 ]

Alyssa knew Mika is avoiding her.

Alyssa wasn't that dense to realize that since Mika didn't attended her birthday that year everything feels so different. It seemed like they were back where they were a year ago just when she thought they're back at being friends again.

Their usual all nighters became fewer as the day passed by. The every night became thrice a week, once a week, until it never came anymore. Christmas came and Alyssa greeted Mika and it took the latter the next day to greet her back when mere seconds ago, when Alyssa texted Mika, Ara and Kim posted a photo of them together and she saw Mika holding her phone.

Alyssa tried to think if she might have done anything for Mika to avoid her. She thought of Mika got tired of chasing her when it was she who should have done it since it is her who left without saying anything or in other words a payback.

Like Mika, Alyssa did her best to avoid her as if they never knew each other. It was no easy feat after all she had to avoid the person she want to be with. However Alyssa had told herself its for the better.

Alyssa's seeing Jovee exclusively and for Alyssa to still long for Mika is wrong. Although she admits she loves Mika it doesn't mean she will be unfair to Jovee. She had given him a chance and that's just what she will do.

Jovee is a good man. Her family, friends and teammates likes him for her. He makes her smile. He treats her well. And he makes her feel special. It is easy for anyone to love a man like him but Alyssa wasn't anyone, and she knew that.

~~~

[ December 31, 2013 ]

"Happy New Year." a man whispered in Alyssa's ear and the latter turned to see the smiling man.

"Happy New Year, Jovee." Alyssa replied with a smile too. "Buti di na galit family mo na dito ka mag-new-New Year sa'min."

"Okay lang yun. Para masanay na din sila kasi lagi na tayong mag-ce-celebrate neto together." Jovee replied and Alyssa creased her forehead. "Joke lang. Seryoso mo masyado." Jovee added and briefly pinched Alyssa's cheeks

"Jovee..." Alyssa trailed off

"Ops! New Year na mamaya. Malas daw ang mambasted ng manliligaw kasi lalong iitim." Jovee joked and nudge her. Alyssa looked at her with anxiousness. "Joke lang ulit. Wag ka namang super seryoso, please. Just treat me as your friend not as your suitor. Kahit ngayon lang, please." Jovee pleaded with a pout and Alyssa slowly drew a smile on her face.

"Okay, friend." Alyssa said

"Wait, don't call me that. Medyo masakit yan e." Jovee said and grabbed his chest. "Sabi ko treat me as your friend not call me as a friend. Feeling ko bina-basted mo na ako eh."

Alyssa laughed. "Ayaw mo tawagin kitang, friend? So di tayo friends?"

"Ly, naman." Jovee whined

"Joke lang. Seryoso mo masyado." Alyssa said laughing and Jovee looked at her half amused and half annoyed. "Can't take your own joke?"

"Alam mo buti na lang, gusto kita."

"Kung di mo ako gusto ano gagawin mo?"

"Ganto." Jovee said and extended his hand. Alyssa then felt a cold sticky thing on her face as Jovee just put an icing on her face and ran away.

"Jovee! Bumalik ka dito!" Alyssa commanded but Jovee kept his distance with a mischievous look thus Alyssa decided to ran towards him to get back at him.