13.

He dragged me through the maze-like streets to our bus. Once we walked inside, however, he dropped my hand, sending me an apologetic look. I honestly couldn't cared less, I was over the moon with joy now that Harry and I were on good terms again.

Niall was the first one to notice our appearance. "Well there they are! You're a genuine Houdini, Topher." the bus driver saw that everyone was accounted for, and began to drive away.

Liam was sitting on the couch with Louis and Niall, playing some kind of group game on their GameBoys. Liam looked up from the screen and smiled shyly.

Louis waved his arms over his head enthusiastically, and I giggled. Zayn was completely passed out in one of the chairs with his mouth wide open. Harry disappeared into the back room, and emerged in sweatpants and a white t-shirt and sat down in the living room across from me.

Louis offered everyone drinks. The boys, minus sleeping Zayn, took beers. Lou was 'kind enough to make me a girly (as he put it) drink'. I'm usually not very fond of drinking, but tonight seemed like a good occasion. As I sipped on my vodka and cranberry, I snuck a few glances here and there at Harry, unable to believe I had him back.

Okay, scratch that; I was being flat out creepy. His curls flopped over his face when he leaned down to check his phone. Whenever Louis said something funny, he would laugh, his eyes and nose scrunching up when he smiled. In most ways, he looked exactly the same. He still wore that signature smirk that now made every teenage girl swoon whenever they looked at him. His hair was still the unruly mess of curls I remember putting flour in.

But in some ways, he looked a little older, more like a man than a boy. The square of his jaw more defined, all the baby fat gone from his features. Even though he was covered in clothes, his body looked lean and more sculpted.

In doing this inconspicuous stalking, I decided, if at all possible, that Harry was even more gorgeous than I had previously remembered.

I shook my head, the thought of his body making me dizzy. No wonder the girls call it "One Direction Infection". I grinned drunkenly after my third drink as Niall made kissy faces at Zayn, who was still fast asleep.

He suddenly popped his eyes open. "I'll kill you!" he lunged for Niall, collapsing with laughter on top of the blonde boy.

"Save me, Topher!" Niall called from under Zayn. My heart swelled with happiness as I got up from my seat, and pushed Zayn over playfully. I suddenly realized these boys were quickly becoming my best friends.

I caught Harry's eyes on me when I stood back up. The butterflies rose in my throat. I smiled shyly. "Hazza, what's got you so happy all of a sudden? Three hours ago you were acting like somebody killed your puppy." Louis plopped down on his lap, causing me to burst into a laugh. Harry shot me a look. He took a swig from his beer.

"Nothing really, Lou. I was just in a funk," Harry's eyes met mine. I was onto my second drink, so at that point, I refused to look away. A few more beers later, the boys wanted to play "Twenty Questions With Topher". I sat in the middle of the moving bus and the boys sat around me on the couches. I was trying to keep my balance as I giggled.

Niall, who was quite drunk, almost as much as me, fell down next to me.

"What's your favourite color?" he slurred from face down on the floor. I reached out and patted his head.

"Yellow, like your hair," I answered.

Things were getting a bit hazy, but I felt great. "Where'd you live before you came to the UK?" Louis was stumbling to the back room to change into sweatpants as he asked.

"In Missouri. I didn't like it though. Bad people live there. I never want to go back," I slurred, unable to stop my words.

Harry's head shot up, looking at me. I saw his expression, but it didn't register that telling the other four boys about my past was a bad idea. Harry looked really worried but I ignored him. "The bad people hurt me and I made us move here. That's why I talk at night." I stopped, knowing I said too much.

Liam noticed that, and he patted my shoulder. "I'm sorry," he said, his eyes half closed.

The boys were drunk enough to not really care thankfully, except for Harry.

"Alright, miss drunkard, I think it's time for you to go to bed," he said, getting up from the couch and reached for me. He was surprisingly sober, and able to walk. I screamed and scooted away, using Niall as a shield. But he easily scooped me in his arms.

I protested against him, pulling at his arms but it was no use. The boys called a goodnight to me as Harry carried me farther away from their voices. I gave up and shut my eyes and rested my head on his chest.

My head was spinning when he set me in my bed. His face was level with mine as he pulled the blankets over me. I hummed with happiness, and looked into his green eyes when they crinkled from his grin.

"There you go, nice and cozy," he said, patting the top of my head.

"I'm not five years old, Harry," I murmured, closing my tired eyes. He was running his hand down the length of my hair and it was distracting me from my sleep. "You're so nice to me. Why are you so nice to me?" I slurred.

He had gotten closer to my face, and his breath tickled my skin. "It's a secret, T. I can't tell you," he mumbled in my ear, his lips suddenly so close. It was getting hard to breathe. I opened my eyes and saw he was staring down at me, a shy smile on his lips.

"I hate secrets," I whispered. He was so close, I could smell his aftershave. Since when did he shave? I thought. I giggled at this out loud, and he grinned, shaking his head at me.

"Go to sleep, love. You need it," he brushed my cheek with one finger, and heat rose where he touched. I just looked at him. Without really thinking, I reached out and did the same thing to him. "You're my best friend," was the last thing I whispered before I fell fast asleep.