9.

The rest of the day went by in a daze. Before I knew it, it was midnight. I was packing basically everything I owned. Tour was three months of my life I'd lose. Did I really want to do this? I mean, when I thought about it, nobody here would miss me.

I called my best friend from America, telling her all about what was going on. Maggie was a normal 18 year old, going to college, and partying. Sometimes I wished I could be like that. Completely carefree, and still a child.

And with that, I was done thinking, and switched the phone off.

I woke to my alarm at 6 AM. I was extremely fatigued, and needed coffee.There was no turning back, I sighed and showered. I did my hair as I usually did, packing that away as well for tour.

Tour. For some reason, I got really emotional, and began to cry. But just as the few drops of moisture dripped into the sink, I erased them with the tap. Crying was for the weak. And I was most definitely not weak.

Putting on black skinnies, my  boots and a Jack Wills cardigan, I wiped the last of the random tears out of my eyes.

My makeup was the one thing about my life that hadn't changed today. I'd worn it the same way for years, afraid of change. I took my time with it instead of my usual habit of haphazardly spattering it on.

I sat at my lonely kitchen counter, eating my granola bar in silence. I drank the las of the milk; the only perishable food left in my apartment. It made me feel like I was a little girl again.

The sun was beginning to rise, and the large window of the front room let in the sudden light.

I checked the clock. Ten til seven. "Well, let's go," I said to myself sighing. I struggled, heaving my bags to the front door. Locking my door for the last time for two months almost made me lose it again. I had to hold it in and head to the elevator. I struggled to keep my composure on the way down.

But my heart leapt as the elevator doors opened, showing the giant tour bus parked outside. It finally hit me like a ton of bricks: I was Topher McCoy Alexandria, and this was really

happening.

I took a deep breath, and walked outside into the morning sunshine. "And you must be Topher Alexandria." I was suddenly jerked out of my movie-like daydream by an older, balding man.

"I'm Stu, the boy's manager and babysitter," he laughed, extending his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled awkwardly. The bus driver, Ronald, took the suitcases from my hands and stowed them away in the underbelly compartment. Stu went over the rules and regulations.

"Now, how old are you?" he scrutinized my face.

"I turned 18 a month ago," I said quietly.

He made a tsk-tsk noise, laughing. "My boys are going to adore you. Go on, you should introduce yourself." I didn't know what the first thing he meant. But nonetheless, I stepped onto the bus; not really thinking about what I would encounter.

I turned the corner, and walked straight into a war zone.

"Louis! Where the fuck are my trousers?!" The Irish accent was plain as day as a furious blonde haired, boxer-clad boy came storming out of the bus bathroom and and away from me.

"You'll never find them!" I heard a different boy coming towards me.

This was obviously a bad time to walk in.

A taller boy with straight brown hair came barreling out of the back room. He had what I assumed to be the blonde boy's pants tied around his neck. Well, this was a charming way to start my day.

The strange boy noticed me standing there, and smiled broadly. "BOYS! The new girl is here!" he called in a girly voice. He walked up to me with the pants still tied around his neck.

"Hello, I am Louis William Tomlinson." he attacked me in a hug, invading my personal space, but all I could do was stand there.

"Uh, hello, I'm Topher."

The blonde haired boy was next out of the back room. "Lou, you idiot, give me my pants!" He ripped the pants off Louis, causing him to choke. I stifled my laughter.

He then extended his hand. "Niall Horan, nice to meet you!" his eyes had this mischievous twinkle about them, and I knew we would get along just fine.

"Topher Alexandria," I laughed.

Louis was making a dramatic display of dying on the couch as the third boy walked out. He had black hair that was almost too perfect for my taste. Unlike Louis and Niall, he seemed to have just rolled out of bed. He smiled shyly, "Hi, I'm Zayn." he glanced down at Louis who was now pinning Niall to the ground.

I shook my head looking at them, and back to Zayn. "Topher, nice to meet you."

I couldn't believe that it wasn't even 7:30 in the morning yet, and these boys were already this energetic. They were like small children. Zayn sighed, "Well, I'm going back to sleep."

I laughed, "Good idea." he disappeared down the corridor. I decided to sit on the couch, watching Louis and Niall play a video game on the TV above my head.

The bus began to move. I hadn't even noticed the bus driver get on. I strained my eyes against the tinted windows and looked out at my home, sighing sadly.

The fourth boy emerged after a few minutes, not even noticing me, and went straight for the food.

I laughed at something Louis was doing. The other one heard me and turned to me suddenly, with a granola bar shoved in his mouth, his eyes wide.

"Hello," I said, "I'm Topher." I laughed a little at his expression. This boy was very attractive, even with his mouth full. "I'm Liam, nice to meet you!"

Louis piped up, "Isn't she just precious?!" he ran over to me, and invaded my personal space again, pinching my cheeks.

He stayed there, slinging an arm over my shoulders. "So Topher, you're American. Tell us what it's like!" he said, rather screamed, in my ear.

So, I told them, nearly everything there was to know. "Of course, I haven't been back in over two years..." I trailed off, looking down. "I really miss it sometimes," I finished, smiling sadly.

He gave me a pat on the head. "It's alright, babe, you'll be back. What town are you from?" and for some reason with those words, he made me the happiest I'd ever been.

"Holmes Chapel? It's very small...I doubt you'd know it," acting like I didn't know Harry was going to be tough.

Louie's eyes lit up, "Thats where Hazza's from!" Oh God, I felt sick. I closed my eyes briefly.

"Oh, really? Who's that exactly?" I acted oblivious to the fact I knew exactly who he was referring to.

"Harry. I would go wake him up, but he's practically a vampire, and he might rip my head off," Louis explained, and I nodded, knowingly.

I continued to talk to Liam, Niall, and Louis about my life in London for the next hour, trying but to no avail to keep my thoughts away from the fifth and final member that had yet to emerge.