Sweet Blasphemy 31

4 Months later…

“Eppi…” I sang as I pulled back the curtain on her bunk.

She rubbed her eyes and sat up. “Hmm?”

I reached in and pulled her out. “Oh, baby your getting so big.”

I carried her to the front of the bus.

“Mummy, what goin on?” she asked sleepily.

Suddenly the bus was filled with colours and the sound of five grown men singing happy birthday.

Her eyes went so wide when she saw the ribbons hanging from the ceiling and the small stack of presents beside a cake.

She squirmed until I put her down. She ran over to the table with the presents nearly tripping over her t-shirt. She climbed onto one of the seats and picked up one of the presents.

“Mummy! Is my birday!” She squealed.

I nodded trying not to fall on the floor laughing. “Open it baby.” I smiled.

We all went over and sat with her as she tore off the paper.

By the time for the guys to get ready came we had eaten the entire cake and played with every one of Eppi’s toys. I still couldn’t believe it; my baby was four years old.

The concert…

“Mummy, can I play with CC?” Eppi’s eyes sparkled at his name.

I nodded and she ran down the hall to the band’s dressing room. I followed and when I stepped in all the guys were putting the finishing touches on their war paint. I spotted Andy and walked over to him.

“Hey Rockstar.” I smiled and sat on the table beside the mirror he was using.

“Hey,” he smiled back.

“Emm….your not ging to tell them are you?..” I asked looking at my hands.

“Tell who?” he finshed the slashes on his cheek and started on his stitchy smile.

“The fans…” I wrung my hands together on my lap.

“Tell them what?” He raised an eye brow at me.

“You know, about Eppi.” I lloked up at him.

“Do you want me to?” He put down his brush and turned to me.

I shooked my head. “For her sake.” I looked over at my baby. “I don’t want her growing up in thart kind of world.”

He nodded and went back to work on his warpaint.

He stopped again and looked up. “Hey1”

“What?”

“Andy, we’re going up to check the equipment.” Jeremy said as the rest were walking out the door all finished with their make up.

“Mummy, can I go with CC?” I put on her best cute face.

“Yeah baby, I’ll see you up there.” I smiled as she ran to the guys and took CC’s hands. I knew she was in good hands.

“So….what?” I turned back to Andy who was finishing his paint.

“Where’s your paint?!” he asked loudly pretending to be shocked.

I laughed.

“Andy, you not serious?”

The brush ran across my cheek.

“ANDY!” My hands went to my face and up it was paint.

“What?” he shrugged innocently.

“That was face rape!”