Sweet Blasphemy 9

Eppi came out of the bathroom and put her toothbrush and hairbrush into her case. She seemed sort of content; not happy but she seemed to be dealing with this a lot better than I was.

Ash helped me zip up the cases when we finished. “Thanks again Ashley. I don’t th-

My phone began to play Hear Me Now by Hollywood Undead. I picked it up and answered. “Hello?”

“Hi, emm, are you the girl selling the 96 Volkswagen” it was definitely male and he sounded young; seventeen or eighteen I’m guessing.

“Yeah?” FINALLY someone called about the car!

As the youth on the other end continued to speak my mood continued to lift,

Smiling I hung up and turned back to Ashley who was standing uncomfortably in the middle of my now basically empty apartment. Wait; it wasn’t MY apartment anymore (sad face).

“Emm, Ashley, on your way back to the bus could you maybe drop us off at the first motel we pass?”

Eppi tugged the leg of my jeans. “Mummy we can dwive ourselves.” She kept a wary look on Ashley. Why did I have this strange feeling she didn’t like Ashley?

I kneeled down to her height and turned her to look at me. “We can’t drive baby.” A small smile tugged my lips. “I sold the car baby.”

“But why?” she whined. What is up with this child; if I was her I’d be dying to ride in ASHLEY PURDY’S car.

“Because we need money baby, I was gonna buy you new clothes.”

She frowned as I picked her up but she seemed to push it aside because she was soon smiling. I pulled one of the cases off the bed turning to Ashley. He looked deep in thought.

“Come on Ash; Joe’s should be opening soon. $400 should book us a room for a night or two.”

He shook his head. “No.”

“What?”

“No. I’m not letting you stay in a motel.” He said defiant.

I put Eppi down. “Then where am I meant to stay Ash? I’m not letting her sleep on the streets like I had to.” I crossed my arms.

He stepped towards me closing the gaping space between us. “Stay with me. Come back and live with the band like before. Like it used to be.”

I walked away from him dragging a case to the door. “I can’t Ashley, what about Andy-

“Fuck Andy! I won’t take no for an answer Envy.” He pointed a finger at me before taking both cases and putting them into the hall outside the apartment. He came back and picked up Eppi who reluctantly went along with it. He sat her on the cases. He came back again and stood in front of me, hands on hips.

I shook my head. “Ashley I’m not going with you. You’re in the middle of a tour.”

“All the more reason for you to come with us; I’ve lost you once Envy, don’t make me loose you again.” He grinned picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. Am I really that light? Can everyone pick me up?

He waltzed out of the apartment locking the door behind him. HE TOOK THE KEYS! He picked up the cases and told Eppi to follow us.

I was shaking my head and laughing in disbelieve. Ashley Purdy; my best friend, bassist for Black Veil Brides and now our hero was carrying me on his back and also two full suitcases and was being followed by a three year old girl; we must have looked so weird.

Still hanging off of Ash’s shoulder I dropped my key into the postbox and took out the money I got the money for my car.

Ashley carried me all the way to his car and even then he didn’t put me down. He basically took me off his shoulder, holding me bridal style and sat my in the passenger seat. He then buckled in Eppi who just kinda ignored him and managed to get both cases into the boot before getting in himself and driving off.