Sweet Blasphemy 11

I turned back to Eppi but she wasn’t where I left her; damn child stop running off. I heard her giggle and turned around. She was sitting next Jake and he was showing her all tattoos; it really does fascinate her. She loved looking at mine which was a deep purple butterfly with My Butterfly written fancily under it. I had it on my right ribcage beneath my bra line. I loved it.

I looked around for Ashley and spotted Andy instead in the corner staring at me. I dragged my courage from its hiding place and walked over to him.

“Hey.” I gave a small wave and rocked back on my heels. This was a BAD idea. Bad Envy for thinking this would work. I mentally face palmed myself.

He looked at me without any expression. Well then.

He stood up and walked to the back of the bus without giving me a word. Right, now it was war; I wasn’t going to give in.

“Envy?”

“I’m here.” I turned around to Ashley.

“I’ll show you where you can put your things and stuff.” He seemed slightly irritated.

“Ok.” I smiled at him and he returned it; maybe he wasn’t grouchy.

I followed him to the back where the bunks were.

“We only have one extra bunk so you can have mine and I’ll sleep on one of the couches inside.” He explained.

I stopped him before he could continue. “NO. I won’t have it. I’ll share with Eppi; I’ve allowed you to hold me here against my will, I won’t let you force me into taking your bed too.” I crossed my arms stubbornly; he was NOT going to win this war.  I slid into the extra bunk and crossed my legs so Ash could sit beside me. I poked his chest. What?! I had a poking urge; yes even at twenty you can get the urge to poke someone.

He gave me a look of fake hurt. He poked me back.

“ASHLEY THAT WAS MY BOOB!” I yelled at him.

He shrugged casually. “So? You poked my chest I was getting my own back.” He stuck out his tongue at me.

“Ashley! You are so screwed!” I shouted and attacked him.

“AH! Envy! Get off!!”

“Never!” I yelled laughing at him.

He tickled me and I collapsed, laughing hysterically.

“Damn you Ash! Get off!” I coughed between my outbursts.

“Never!” he mimicked my earlier comment.

I managed to slap his arm but of course it didn’t stop him. So I kicked out.

“Ow! Jesus, Envy that was sore.” Ashley let my go and sat back his hand on his stomach. Oops.

I stuck out my tongue. “Serves you right Ash.”

“Envy, promise me you’ll stay out of trouble with Andy.” He went kinda serious.

I gave a weak laugh, “Don’t worry Ash; I have NO intention of getting in his way. Trust me; I don’t know what happened since yesterday but I doubt he’ll try to even talk to me.” My voice had become a whisper by the end of the sentence.

Ashley pulled me into a hug and I sat there in it. “But I’m over it.” I faked a smile. “I’ll move on and I’ll show him that I can make the most of this new beginning.” I gave him a real smile this time; what I was saying was true being back with the band and this time with my beautiful Eppi I was gonna make the most of this new start that Ashley has given me.