That Magnetic Pull - Ch. 7 - "Last Night"

It's Father's Day at my part of the world and it's been tiring. Aside from the weekly mass (I'm Catholic), we also went to the cemetery to visit my grandfather. It was incredible HOT this afternoon. Then while it was perfectly sunny, it started RAINING. Talk about a major contradiction in weather.

I'm hoping I'm not boring people with this story. If I am, please send me any suggestions you have via a comment or a private message.

I'm always welcome to constructive criticism. [:

This chapter begins the day immediately after the one in chapter 6.  

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +  

That Magnetic Pull - Chapter 7 - "Last Night"

I woke up on the couch lying against someone's shoulder with my neck and my shoulders incredibly sore. I blinked a few times trying to moisten the contact lenses in my eyes that I apparently fell asleep with. I turned my head to the right, trying to figure out who exactly was in my apartment. The motion alone must have woken him up because as I looked at him, his hands were rubbing into his eyes, trying to get rid of the sleep in them. I smiled when I realized it was Patrick. I looked to the front of us seeing my laptop hooked up to the TV, having played the role of a DVD player, and my TV in the sleep mode it automatically slips into once after playing a movie and receiving no instructions after a long period of time.

My mind then traveled back to last night, starting at Patrick and I eating pizza with stuffed crust. Then, eventually deciding on watching some movies. Doing the normal routine of someone getting ready for bed, both of us took care of our hygiene just in case we fell asleep. With the lights turned down in my apartment, I spent most of the night cuddled into his side, his arm slung over my shoulder, with a sense of protection and care accompanying it. After watching the first movie, a chick flick of my choice, he told me there was a good chance we were both going to fall asleep during his choice, an comedic action movie. I shrugged, not really caring; I just wanted to watch the movie. Before I could turn my head back to the television, his lips met mine, offering a sweet kiss just perfect for a bid of goodnight.

I'm guessing that his prediction was right, both of us falling asleep on the couch--drinking in each other's touch. Just by his actions and his words, I could tell that Patrick was already much more serious about this that I was. My walls were barely coming down when I'm around him and he was already pushing his way in as much as he can. Figuratively, he wasn't forcing his way in, but he wasn't exactly being extremely patient about it either.

"What time is it?" he asked.

I glanced at my TV, seeing the digital clock in the corner of the screen.

"Ummm...its 6:47," I told him.

He groaned and let his head hang over the back of the couch. His hand ran over his face, trying to wake himself up furthermore.

"I have to meet with my agent at 8," he told me. "It's not going to take long. How 'bout I come back after with brunch?" he asked me.

"Sure," I answered with a slight raise of my shoulders. "I'm going to go to my bedroom and get a bit more sleep. It's Saturday, after all."

"I gotta drop by my home and change," he said. "I'll see you, later?"

He stood up, smoothing his black shirt and dark jeans that he's been wearing since he showed up at my home the night before.

I nodded and smiled. Patrick leaned down, kissing my lips lightly before making his way out of my condo.

I trudged to my bedroom, collapsing on my bed as soon as I was near enough. I didn't bother changing in something more suitable to sleep in other than my worn jean short since I was too sleepy and, frankly, too lazy. Almost instantly, I found myself falling into a dreamless sleep.