That Magnetic Pull - Ch. 11 - "Sure"

I'm a very weird writer. I just realized that. I absolutely love writing while listening to Ingrid Michaelson, if you don't know her, I strongly advise you to check her out. Oh, and I write better and am more motivated in certain fonts. Haha

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

That Magnetic Pull - Chapter 11 - "Sure"

For what was now almost 4 weeks, Patrick kept true to his promise. He showed me with each passing day that giving him a chance wasn't a mistake. He'd randomly show up at my home, eager to take me out or to spend the night with me. He was always so enthusiastic about spending time with me and it rubbed off on me. In every second I spent with him, I found myself becoming more carefree and just enjoying life. Not one minute passed while I was with Patrick in which I didn't have a smile on my face. To me, he himself was happiness.

I was living each day in bliss. There were times that he didn't call when he said he would or days when he wouldn't show up like we had planned, but he always seemed to make up to me. He was genuinely sorry about letting me down even in the smallest ways, just like he genuinely didn't have the time or couldn't make it. I understood that his off-season resting time was short and he had to make the most of every second of it. He still had work here and there, also. I found out he liked to make random trips home to his parents since he couldn't spend a whole chunk of his time there because of our relationship. I told him repeatedly that I wouldn't mind him spending a couple weeks with his parents instead of multiple couple-day trips, often leading to awkward silences in which he would remind me that I'd more than likely be gone by the end of the summer. Whenever he brought up the limited time we had left together, I was always left speechless. What would happen when the summer ends and school begins? Especially, what would happen when I'd be forced to choose between the school I've learned to be a major part of and the man I love?

There it was. I love him, and I just fell deeper and deeper each passing day. Without having to ask or hear, I knew he felt the same. Just by his actions regarding how he chose to spend his time and how he seemed to plan his day to fit mine, I could tell that he cared so much for me, probably more than I did for him at the moment. Unlike most people, I wasn't scared. I wasn't waiting for him to say it and be honest about his feelings. I knew what he felt. He knew it was the same for me. We didn't need the words out in the open to be sure, we just were.

I rubbed my eyes in exhaustion before glancing at the bottom-left corner of my computer screen. 5:45pm. I was stuck working late today because my boss was still here and Shelly was out sick. I tried to get comfortable in my computer seat, finding it almost impossible after sitting in it for so long. I sighed and leaned back into the black leather, staring up at the ceiling.

A knock against the doorframe of the main entrance to our office stole my attention away from what was above and brought it to the wide entryway. An energized smile made its way onto my lips when I saw the blue eyes that I've grown to love.

"Patrick," I said as I let out a chuckle.

"I had a feeling you'd be here," he said as he walked to my desk and sat on it.

I tilted to my head to the side, pursing my lips, studying him carefully in his plain white shirt and light jeans of perfect fit.

"How'd you know?" I asked. I didn't remember telling him I was working late tonight.

"I stopped by your house and caught Matt on the way up. He told me you weren't home yet. Apparently, he was going to invite you out," Patrick told me, a look of distaste crossing his features.

"Then I realized that tomorrow was the due date for the finalized ads for the campaign and I figured you'd be here...on a time crunch," he finished with a laugh. "Am I right?"