That Magnetic Pull - Ch. 14 - "Stay"

This chapter is even more bittersweet than the chapter titled "Bittersweet."

You get brownie points if you can pinpoint the exact parts in this chapter and the last where the each part of the sentence, "From dropping everything I once knew in a second and following my heart to jumping the gun and giving him the first answer that crossed my mind," is shown :D

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

That Magnetic Pull - Chapter 14 - "Stay"

I eagerly flagged down a cab and gave the driver my address, asking him to get there as quickly as we can. The whole ride was spent with my nerves running wild and my leg bouncing throughout. When we finally pulled up to my condominium building, I threw some bills that would surely cover the cab fee on the seat next to the driver and ran out of the vehicle. The elevator seemingly took ages to get to my floor and by the time it reached it, my panic got the best of me as I sprinted down the hall to my door. I reached up for the spare key I had taped atop of my doorway and shoved it into the doorknob. Throwing the door open, a bang echoed throughout my home as the door hit and bounced off the wall behind it. The sound alone caused Patrick to glance over the couch, from where he was watching television, and stare at me, who was clearly frazzled.

I snarled and pushed the door shut somewhat violently behind me when I realized that he was perfectly fine. I stomped my way to the couch and delivered my hardest punch to his shoulder. He winced, pleasing the vicious side of me.

"I hate you, Patrick Sharp!" I screamed at him once I made my way in front of him, blocking his view of the television.

He laughed heartily at my actions causing me to growl in frustration. My hands placed themselves on my hips as I trembled with annoyance.

"Did you even think of how I would react when you give me a phone call like that?" I asked, angrily. "Or do you enjoy making me a panicked, worrying, and completely nervous wreck?!"

He only laughed even louder and sat up from his relaxed position on the couch. One of his arms wrapped around my waist as the other made its way around the back of my knees, effortlessly, and literally, sweeping me off my feet. I found myself sitting on his lap as both of his arms encircled my waist, trapping me against his chest.

"You took too long," he said.

I scoffed and turned to look at his face.

"We were paying when you called," I stressed. "Which means what I was soon going to be on my way home."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you and Shelly ate lunch before going shopping, huh?" he asked.

"Yes," I admitted.

"So the maximum three hours I thought it would take to find a dress was lengthened to almost five hours which is way too long," he insisted. "That's not taking into account the amount of time you spend on the road."

A surprised look made its way onto my face as I stared at him.

"What?" he questioned with a chuckle.

"You actually estimated reasonably when it came to how long we would take to find a dress," I breathed out in confusion. How did he do that?

He laughed and merely shrugged his shoulders.

"I missed you, Lynn," he whispered into my ear, pressing a kiss on my cheek. "I've been missing you this whole day."

I giggled at his words. "You have me now and will have me for the whole weekend," I said as I turned my face, my lips meeting his.