That Magnetic Pull - Prologue

So, I just recently finished one of my stories and am really close to finishing my other one. Hence, I'm releasing a new story. I'm trying to do this a bit differently...hoping that I won't lose myself halfway through the story as I've done with my others. I see my past two stories as a bit of a rough patch in my (amateur) writing career. They are somewhat horribly written and I'm hoping this one doesn't follow in their footsteps.

Give me feedback? [I'm hoping that I can get this finished by the time my summer vacation is over which is around August.]

Here's the prologue. Hope you enjoy!

(Tip: You can spot the general plot of this story in the coming piece of writing. I'm just warning you that the coming words tell a story that may not actually be what it leads you to believe ;D)

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Prologue

I have this magnetic pull for things that don't make sense. Like letting a guy play with my heart when it's just been broken. Or allowing people to convince me to do things that are clearly not a good option. Something always tells me to take a risk and just let it all happen. That someday, I'll look back and be glad that I did them.

As I lie in this hospital bed, that's exactly what happened. I looked back and appreciated all the rash, illogical choices I made.

From talking to him in the first place to giving him my heart. From letting him leave me behind to letting him back in every time he returned. From dropping everything I once knew in a second and following my heart to jumping the gun and giving him the first answer that crossed my mind. From him making a promise to love me forever to me making the same for him.