That Magnetic Pull - Ch. 10 - "The Real, Idiotic Reason"

Long time, no update? Sorry for disappearing and deviating from the plan. I know I said that I would update each day...but then my schedule got all filled towards the end of this weekend. Anyway, no things to do = updates. Things to do = No updates. Simple as that.

Chapter focuses on the line, "From letting him leave me behind to letting him back in every time he returned..."

Vote and comment? Please?

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

That Magnetic Pull - Chapter 10 - "The Real, Idiotic Reason"

I laughed at something that Matt said and waved at him goodbye once more. Our lunch together was a lot of fun and I figured that he would be the type of guy just perfect for Shelly. He was artistic, kind, nice, mature, and just sensitive enough to be the perfect guy. I finally left my spot in front of his door, seeing as we just finished hanging out at his house for the afternoon after eating out. I smiled as I walked to my own door until I realized a hunched figure leaning on the wall next to it. I sighed, knowing exactly who it was.

"Patrick, how long have you been here?" I asked as I neared him.

"Long enough to see you walk out of his door," Patrick said lowly.

"Look, the minute that I crossed that 72-hour period without a single word from you was the minute you lost your chance," I stated, my squinted eye guarded. "It shouldn't matter to you whose door I walk out of or who I choose to spend my time with."

"It shouldn't, but it does," he countered. His towering figure was stiff and slight anger radiated off of him.

"That's not my problem," I said with a shrug as I pushed my front door open and walked inside. I tried to close it behind me, but Patrick didn't allow it. He didn't forcefully push it open hard enough to send me tumbling back, but he wasn't gentle about it either.

I scoffed and shook my head at his actions. "I didn't invite you in," I warned as I stood my ground just a few steps behind the front door.

"Well, I need to talk to you," he said.

I tilted my head to the side, giving him a look of mock confusion. "Oh, so you want to talk to me now?" I asked. "Do you allow yourself certain days of the week in which you are and are not allowed to speak to me?"

He sighed in frustration causing a smirk to fall on my lips. Good, he's finally feeling what I've felt for the past three days.

"I was visiting my parents," he said, as if it was a valid excuse.

"Oh, and you're family lives somewhere so remote that they have neither cellphone coverage nor a functioning telephone in the immediate area?" I retorted sarcastically.

"You should have told me, Patrick. I would have understood," I remarked in a sickeningly sweet voice.

He grabbed my shoulders and turned me around, leading me to my own living room. He sat me down on the couch and sat beside me. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared straight ahead at the blank TV in front of me. I hoped my stiff posture was enough to let him know that I was definitely not happy and nowhere close to finding his excuse even remotely plausible.

"No, they do not live off grid," he finally broke the silence with a sigh. I turned my head to him, sending him a skeptical glance.

"Okay," I said. "So what's your next excuse? Want to try a little harder this time around?"

He groaned in frustration causing a smirk to once again grace my face.

"I haven't seen them in a while and I wasn't going to get to see them for long," Patrick continued in a firm tone. "I needed the time with them."