Chapter 9: Almost home

Kennedy (Also now known as Ashley):

"Hey." I smiled to Justin. He was now picking me up from Lee's place and I was glad. The girls were nice, but the sleepover itself was terrible. 

A sleek, black, BMW parked right next to Justin's car and honked. I tried peering through the dark, tinted windows but it was no use. The drivers door opened and Austin walked out waving at me. I smiled and waved back. He made a gesturing sign to say he would call me and I nodded. 

When I got into Justin's car, a frown was etched onto his features as he drove. "What's wrong?" I asked, bitting my bottom lip nervously. "Nothing...just.... How do you know Austin?" He asked, his facial expression hard. He intensely stared at the road as he drove.

"I met him at Khalil's party. He's really nice. He also helped me when you were high off your ass with your rapper friends." I snapped. I didn't mean to get so angry, but Justin put me through one hell of a night when we were at the party. Justin stayed quiet after that and I didn't bother talking again. Once we reached his house I got out of the car and walked straight towards my bedroom. I wanted to ask Justin to take me home, but there was one thing.

I didn't know where my so called 'home' was. 

I knew my dad lived here in California with Ross and Isabel, but I didn't exactly know where. I had assumed they moved from away from our old family home, but I'm not too sure.

I grabbed a duffel bag and started to fill it with some clothes and just things that I would need in general for a few nights. There was a knock at the door and I said 'come in.' and the door opened. "W-where are you going?" Justin asked in shock. confused tone with a slight panic when he noticed my over night bag. "Baby im sorry if i made you upset but, please dont go." He whispered the last part. I rolled my eyes at him. Gosh he's being so dramatic.

"Dont worry. I just want to visit my dad and stuff." I sighed. 

Justin's mouth went into an 'o' shape. "Do you want me to drive you?" He asked. "If that alright?" I replied, feeling guilty for my earlier thoughts. Despite what I thought, he was just being a caring boyfriend. 

He nodded before walking out the room. "I'll get my keys." 

After packing everything I went down the long stairs and saw Justin waiting for me at the bottom of the staircase, playing with his car keys. He had changed into some shorts that hung low off his hips and an over sized black sweater and some comfortable sneakers. He also had a snapback on and some sunglasses. We both walked to the car in silence and Justin opened the door for to the car. I mumbled a quiet 'thank you.' and he jogged over to driver's side and got in.

"Is there a reason?" Justin asked, breaking our uncomfortable silence. "P-pardon?"

"I mean like; is there a reason that you want to go home?" He asked shyly. I sighed and shook my head. "No... I just think that," Make an excuse, Kennedy! He's getting suspicious. "I borrowed something from Isabel a while back and she wants it back. I also wanted to see my dad and Ross...." I wasn't too sure if Ashley actually still talked to my dad and siblings. I sure damn hope she did or else Justin would be able to see right through me. For the rest of the car ride we both stayed quiet until we reached my fathers huge mansion. My dad was the CEO of a major company and I knew he wanted Zach or Ross to take over one day. I heard rencently that Isabel was dancing for some major comapny or something.

Soon enough, Justin was pulling into the familiar land owned by my father. I guess they decided this place wasn't worth leaving. There was a giant fountain and nicely shaped bushes and trimmed trees. Beautiful flowers surrounded the place, making it look very colourful and happy. I felt my heart clench at the home I grew up in before I moved out and blocked out everything from this family.

Our family was a broken family.

Flashbacks from the past swarm through my mind and I quickly pushed them to the back of my head. Right now was not the time to think about those things. I wonder if Justin knew abo-

"Ash...?" Justin waved his hand in front of my face.

"Hmm?"

Justin looked at me with a blank expression on his face. "We're here." I nodded and quickly scrambled out of his car and grabbed my bags before running up the steps to knock on the door. The door was swung open and an annoyed looking teenage girl rushed out, not even sparing a second of her time to notice me or even look up from her cell phone. "IM LEAVING. BYE!" She yelled and ran into a car parked out front and they drove off.

A plump lady walked towards the open door and she gasped. "Miss King? It has been so long! I haven't seen you since you were fifteen and-" Lila, our house keeper chattered, but I cut her off, chuckling. "Sorry, Lila. It's Ashley."

"Oh, Miss Ashley! My apologizes." Lila sheepishly smiled. We always called the oldest by Miss or Mr and the last name. So Zach is Mr King (Unless around our father he was called Mr Zachary King) and I was called by Miss King. Well, that was a close one. Little memories flashed through my mind of when I lived here. Unfortunately, I remembered everything. Even the details I wished I could forget.

"Oh and Mr Bieber!" Lila exclaimed opening the door wider. I forget that Justin was even here. "Hi, Lila." He smiled. "Lila who is at the- Ashley! Justin! What are you two doing here?" A man who looked no older than fifty asked surprised. Dad.

His hair was still the usual dark brown, but now there were little bits of silver in them. His brown eyes,which I did not inherit, but Ross did, light up in happiness. "You haven't been home for a few months! How is everything going?" He walked over to pull me into a hug.

At first, I didn't really hug back. After a split second of being in his comforting arms, I allowed myself to slightly hug him back. It felt weird being back in my dads arms since its been years, since I've last seen him. After I detached myself from the hug, my dad shook hands with Justin and turned back to me. "Well dont just stand there! Come on, dinner will be served soon."

Lila took my stuff and Justin was staring at me. "Thanks. You can go now." I akwardly tried to shoo Justin off. I just really didnt want him here. "Go where? Dinner is about to be served! Justin you must join us! Unless you have somewhere to go-" I cut him off. "Yes, Justin-" "Actually....," Justin smirked at me. "I would be delighted to join my lovely girlfriend and her father for dinner." He smiled evily at me and then to my dad.

My dad smiled happily before walking off and I glared at Justin, slapping his arm. "Seriously, Justin?" 

He frowns. "Look, I don't want to fight, alright? I'm staying. We need to talk to each other. I'm sorry for whatever I did. Can you just tell me why you're so upset? Was it because the of the whole Austin thing? God, I'm such an idiot. Look Ashley, I'm so sor-" 

"Justin! Relax!" I whisper yelled. "I needed to return something to Isabel and I wanted to see the family! Everything is fine." I tried to assure him, pushing away the guilt that bubbled up again within me. 

Justin smiled in relief before a cheeky grin tugged on his lips.

"So... you wouldn't mind if I stayed for dinner with your family?" I shook my head. I couldn't refuse him this time. He grinned before pecking my cheek. "Great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Im so sorry that I havent updated in a bit! Me and my family went to the USA for a while and I coudnt get Wifi at many times. I was super busy shopping and visting family and stuff like that.

ANYWAYS, I hope you guys like the story so far? Im working on it so hopefully it gets better.

-ijustwritefanfics