Chapter 46: Basic

Happy birthday Justin!!! 

Songs for this chapter:

The city by The 1975

Girls by The 1975

~

Kennedy:

"Kennedy, are you okay?" Austin huridly whispers, pulling me through the door to his flat. "Don't worry, Vanessa is out if there's something important you need to talk about." 

I don't bother beating around the bush, I just get straight to it, "Justin know's about the whole swap with my sister." Austin gasps, his mouth wide open. "What? How?" I explain the whole story to him, Austin doesn't say a word through out the whole thing. 

When I'm done, we are both sitting there in silence. "I don't really know what to say," He sighs. "It's okay, I don't even know what to do anymore. I should just drop this whole thing and go back to Seattle. I can't stay here and play pretend with Justin until Ashley comes back." I mutter. 

I'm grateful that Austin isn't judging me for sleeping with Justin after we both said our i love you's. I know I have feelings for Justin but sometimes they are just so un clear but on other days I know that they're there. Maybe it's because I never knew if the way he looked at me was the way he always looked at the real Ashley or maybe it was me. 

But now I knew. The only problem is that he was in on the whole thing and he refuses to tell me how. I knew Justin loved me back but I wasn't sure if he fell harder since I started to be Ashley or not. I needed answers.

"But you wouldn't be playing pretend, Justin knows. He knew since the start." Austin explains.

"I know but, I hate lying to my family. They don't even know im here. Austin, there's something else I should mention, but you can't tell anyone." I whisper. 

Austin motions for me to continue and I take a deep breath, "My mother is actually still alive," I explain the whole thing to him from the start and how none of my sibblings are even talking to my dad because of it. "What should I do?" 

Austin leans his head back against the couch cussion, "Honestly, this isn't your problem. I think if Ashley just stayed and didn't drag you into this none of it would have happened. This is so like her, to leave and cause trouble when she isn't even in the country." Austin groans. "You don't know how many fights she's had with Justin. He would complain to me or his friend Ryan who i've met a few times." 

I fiddle with my fingers that layed in my lap, listening to Austin's little rant about my sister. I couldn't handle this anymore. I want nothing more to do this. I'm sick and tired of having to run around and find out so much in very little time.

It doesn't help that I would have to be back for Kori and my dad's wedding either. But then again, I wouldn't have to go. It's my choice. But I also need to keep in mind that they haven't chosen a specific date for it either. 

"You should talk this over with, Justin," Austin finishes. "I want to but he won't tell me why or how he knew." 

"Are you going to go back to his place tonight?" The blonde boy questions. I shake my head. I don't want to go back to Justin. There was no way I would go back there to him. Not today. I need to figure things out for myself. 

"I don't know where to go," I shamely admit. "I haven't even told the girls yet about this.." Austin's eyes widen, "About that... they have kinda notice some change in who they think is Ashley KIng. Before Ashley left she said some pretty mean things and then sent a letter apologizing to them and that she hoped things would get better when she came back from visiting you in Seattle." He explained. 

Clearly my sister enjoyed the trouble which was no surprise. Her atitude was normal to her friends and family so my change of atitude to her friends seemed to spark some kind of knowing that she's 'changed' when reality it was just me. 

Plain old Kennedy King.

The basic twin. 

"I think you should tell them, Kenn. I'm not saying you have to do it now but they love the new, Ashley. Or should I say they love her sister, the better sister may I add, Kennedy King." He grins, showing off his pearly white teeth. I slowly nod, "I'll think about it. The truth has to come out eventually." 

"You want to stay here tonight? Vanessa is coming back over here she just went for a morning jog to the gym. She should be back after she's done." He nicely explains. Austin was so nice to me even after all the shit that happened. "It's okay, I could go to a hotel or something you don't have to." I politly deny his offer. "Oh come on! It's no problem. You need to be around people who care about you and we do. You can't just hide off in some expensive hotel."

He was right. "Are you sure it won't be too much trouble?" Austin shakes his head, "Not at all. I could even drive by Justin's and pick up some of your stuff but I know Vanessa woundn't mind if you shared some clothes." Austin says, getting up from his seat. "I'm going to make some breakfast, you want some?" 

"Yes please," i groan, pushing myself of the couch. I'm starving. "Wait Austin," He pauses from walking and turns back to look at me, his blue eyes meeting mine. "Thank you," I let out. He smiles and takes a few strides towards me, hugging me. 

I relax in his grip, hugging him back. "No problem," He breaths out into the croak of my neck, "Anything for a good friend." 

~

"Wait did you guys break up?" Vanessa asks worridly as she grabbed a fresh pair of clothes to change into. She had just came back from the gym, wearing her sporty clothes. Austin and I had already ate breakfast.

"No," I assure her, "Just a fight, but nothing too big." A flash of relief is waved through her eyes, she turns back to her dresser, "Good. You two have gone through so much, it would be upsetting to see you guys break up." 

"I know," I mumble, picking at the hem of my shirt. I lay back on her bed and stare up at the ceiling. I learned that she and Austin don't officially live together but they spend so much time at each other's places that they pratically do. It was cute. Austin and Vanessa had such  a cute relationship. They were both incredibly good looking too. Was it weird that sometimes I would wish that I had something like this with Justin? Just being able to trust each other so much and have a good laugh together instead worrying about him finding out im not who he's actually suppose to be with.

But I guess that's not a problem anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Just wanted to update in honor of Justin's birthday aha. Sorry if this chapter is bad I typed it all up today.

-Diana