Chapter 54: Preparations

Song for this chapter:

Pony by Ed Sheeran (the acoustic cover)

~

Kennedy (Also now known as Ashley):

It was a little chilly out so before I went to Justin's I went home and changed into some fresh clothes. I let my hands slip into the my black jogger pockets as we walked. Justin and I were walking Esther around, two of Justin's body guards with us aswell. They had to come since it was quite dark out and the paps were always around where ever Justin went.

"Something on your mind?" Justin hummed. I watched esther cutely walk by his side before replying, "Yeah actually, um, would you," I clear my throat, looking up at his eyes. "W-would you want to attend the wedding with me? As my date?" 

Justin stops walking before a giant grin is plastered on his face, "Of course, I would love to." 

That makes a smile appear on my face and for the rest of the night we walk hand in hand with Esther by our sides. 

-two days later-

"So when's the rehearsal dinner?" Justin asks, examining the card. Dad and Kory had sent a card to Justin's place since they knew I would be taking him. Or well 'ashley' would be taking him.

"It's in a week. The wedding is so soon, oh my god." It just kind of happened out of nowhere. We've all been so busy that we didn't see it coming. And I didn't even expect to be going in the first place.

"I need to pick out a tux, do you have a dress yet?" 

"yep, I got one for rehershal dinner and Kory and I are actually going together to pick out dresses with a few other girls. She has a her dress and her maid of honor does too it's just the bridesmaids who need to find a dress." 

"Tell me what the colours are so I can find a tie to match your dress." Justin says, pulling on a blue snapback over his head. "I will, i have to get going, I promised to meet Kory and the girls at the dress boutique."

We say our goodbyes and I make my way to the boutique. Kory is already there with Isabel, who's back from her dance trip, and some other girls.

"Hi," I wave. They all smile back greeting me. 

"I'm glad you're coming to the wedding, Ashley." Kory genianlly smiles. "Do you know if Kennedy will be joining us? She hasn't confirmed the invitation we sent to her place a while back." My older cousin frowns.

"No, I don't know. Sorry," I reply. A woman by the name of Vivian comes to help pick out the bridesmaid dresses. I already got my dress for the rehearsal dinner on the night before the wedding. Now it was time to pick out bridesmaid dresses.

Kory had already selected dresses she wanted the bridemaids to wear it was just time for us to try them on. She picked out quite a lot dresses too.

There are five bridemaids, one of them bring the maid of honor, and then the bride, Kory. Her maid of honor is Alice White, i've seen her once or twice when we were much younger at one of Kory's birthday parties. But I was around five or six at that time.

She still looks the same, but obviously older, with her dirty blonde hair and soft brown eyes. "Okay, so here are the first dresses you asked for," Vivan said, bringing in the dresses on a large protable dress hanger.

We tried on dresses pink dresses, yellow dresses, nuetral shades, purple, champaigne coloured dresses and lots more. The wedding was an outdoor ceremony after the sunset with fancy lanterns. For the rehersal dinenr the colours were white and purple. 

The last one held different varies of dresses with different colours of pastel. They were really pretty. I was given a light turquoise coloured dress. Vivian mentioned something on the colour of my eyes before pratically shooing me into the changing room. 

When I walked out, Isabel had on a light orange (almost peachy like) coloured dress, Marcie Jones had on a liliac coloured dress, Alice had on a light pink one, and Fiona Jaz had on a blueish-purpleish coloured dress. We all looked quite nice. 

The dresses were some what similar some had thin straps and others were strapless but other than that, the colour was just the difference between the dresses. "These look great but my wedding is during the night, they won't do." Kory sighed, taking a sip of the champaigne she ordered. 

I was honestly tired of trying on dresses. But we hadn't found the right one yet. 

"Oh i think I have something that will go perfect for this outdoor night time theme!" Vivian excitedly said, rushing the the back. She returned with another protable rack but this time the dresses were covered in the plastic cases. "Go into your change rooms, i'll come by with your dresses." She ordered sternly.

We all did as she asked, returning the dressingroom. A few minutes later there was a knock on my dressing door. I opened it and Vivan's hand popped in, holding out the plastic cover. I took it from her with a small thank you and clsoed the door again to change.

I examined the dress, it was beautiful. It was an ivory coloured dress and the straples went around the neck, tied in the back. It had black lace in the back, coming to the front-side of the dress above the waist.  When I was done, I joined the rest of the girls. We were all grinning. 

The dresses were all different colours but the same design since Kory didn't want us all to look exactly alike. The colours didn't have a major difference since it went from a very light taupe coloured dress to, oyster, to palamino, to cameo and to ivory. 

Kory smiled brightly, "This is it." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Super short filler chapter! Lol that's it.

-Diana