Chapter 19

Author's Note:

Okay. No excuses anymore. Just forgive me for the late upload, guys. I'm really trying here, ya know. Hahaha. ^_^

Anyway, the summary for the next book is up. Please check it out. It's called I'm Married to Who?!. Don't be shy to tell me what you think about it. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.

As for the oneshots, let me just clarify some stuff. For the next 1-2 weeks, I will be concentrating on the oneshots because I haven't sorted out the details for the next book. It's completely out of my league; however, I am determined to continue with it. You will be receiving news about it soon enough, so stay tuned!

Finally, this is dedicated to ... PrianaBanks! Thank you for the reads and votes, my sweet-um! Bwahahaha! ^_^ Man, I'm weird.

yaoiChibi out! Peace~

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Mr. Leon Schwartz."

I got up once I had heard someone call my lover's name. I was completely distraught, nothing was going right in my head and I didn't know if I could endure whatever news the doctor was going to give. Slowly, I raised my hand and made my way to him, my heart beating so fast that it felt like I was running away from a murderer.

In a way, it did feel like I was going to die.

"I'm his fiancé. The kids are mine." I answered, exhausted and shaky.

There were a lot of people in the hall, all faces filled with worry and despair. There was even a woman so anxious she kept pulling her hair. I would've felt sorry for her if I wasn't mentally doing the same thing as well. It's no wonder why a lot of people hate hospitals. Every negative emotion just builds up inside of you until you slowly start to lose yourself.

"The soon-to be husband, right?"

I whipped my head to face him, dreading the emotionless face he had on. The hard lines that decorated his ebony skin spoke of years of sorrow and anguish. And the thought made me feel even more horrible about the current situation.

"Yeah. Will Leon be alright, doc?" I asked, ignoring the slight tremble of my voice as my hands clenched into fists. The nervousness creeping into my body like a poison slowly spreading, hurting me even as I try to fight it.

The doctor smiled grimly at me, adjusting his glasses before returning his hands back into his white coat. My heart continued its relentless onslaught, hammering my chest as I waited for good news.

"Mr. Lancaster, your fiancé is in a critical condition but he should survive."

I breathed out a sigh of relief, combing my hair before I buried my face in my shaking hands. It felt like a bucket of ice cold water was dumped on me, washing away the earlier worry I was feeling.

Leon was going to survive, he was going to be alright. That was great news, amazing even.

But, what about the babies?

"This is one of the reasons I hate my job." I heard him mutter, the slight shiver shooting up my spine as I feared for what came up next. There's no possible way they could be gone, right? There is no fucking way they're gone!

"What about my twins?" I asked, staring into his eyes as I tried to conceal my emotions. "What happened to the babies he was carrying? They were twins, doc. Twins! Please. Please tell me they're fine? That they'll live through this!"