{24} A Moment of Heartbreak

Previously
"Of course Riley, you just had your feelings in the wrong place,"I said with a small smile before we all walked away to the hospital happy that all this drama is figured out and we will be together as friends for whatever life decides to throw our way.

Now

Riley's pov

We are all sitting in the waiting room waiting for (y/n).During the fight, she had broken her hand. "I feel like this is my fault,"I said sadly " It is Riley,this whole situation has been your fault.If you just realized that Lucas and (y/n) had something in Texas in the first place none of us would be in this situation right about now.But no you and your jealous self got in the way like every other time and disrupted the harmonus relationship that they had" Maya ranted."I'm sorry Maya I didn't realize that there relationship meant so much to you that it means more than this friendship" I said anger apparent in my voice."It's not that Riley this friendship has been broken since day one,I didn't realize that until (y/n) came along and knocked your ego down a few pegs." She retorted."Her coming here has broken me, you, Farkle and Lucas" I said trying to get my point across."It hasn't broken me" Lucas said standing between me and Maya "But Lucas.." I pleaded." no Riley Maya is right, me and (y/n) have been best friends forever than I moved here and that kinda ended then she moved here and it started up again.But we have had up and downs because of a. Her father and b. You." Lucas ranted. " Guys I'm really sorry,I am jealous of what you and (y/n) have Lucas.Maya I'm sorry I don't have an excuse for what I did to you.But I am sincerely sorry" I said with a sigh."Did anyone else that Farkle went to see (y/n) when you guys were arguing"Zay said from behind Maya."No but I don't thought we agreed I was going to see her first" Lucas said anger flowing in his voice. "Well you guys were arguing and he doctor came out and told us one of could see her he volunteered,so maybe you guys should have payed attention to the real issue to why we were here and not so much things you guys should have figured out days ago"Zay said with a long sigh.

Farkles pov

Me and (y/n) sat their in a comfortable silence,each of us lost in our own little worlds. When I decide to break the silence with a thought I've had for a while now.
"I'm done being second best to everyone (y/n), I like you more than a friend.I can't have you because Lucas has you and he is always one step ahead of me in everything. Like anyone would want me anyway, I'm just a nerd and Lucas is athletic and good looking" I ranted burying my head in my hands.

"Farkle" she started moving forward grabbing my hands from my face holding them in hers." a lot of people like you. I like you, Riley likes you even though she doesn't show it.Maya likes you, Zay likes you and Lucas likes you.You may be second to Lucas but in some ways, you are 1st in my eyes because you are my best friend." she said looking into my eyes.I took the chance I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers.I heard the door open from behind me.I pulled away and turned to see Lucas, Maya, and Zay standing there ." What the hell are you doing " Lucas said stepping forward." I was taking the chance to not be second to you, Lucas" I said with confidence."So you kiss my girlfriend" he said gesturing towards (y/n)." It was the risk I needed to take to prove to myself that I'm not just the nerd everyone goes to when they need help in school, that I'm something more." I said getting less and less confident." Leave the kid alone, Lucas he made a mistake, everyone does" Maya said putting a hand on his shoulder. "But" he starts saying, "No,she forgave you and Riley,when Riley kissed you now you need to do the same thing for her and Farkle"Zay said firmly. "Please,Lucas it was partly my fault anyway" (y/n) said from beside me. "I got closer than I should have" she said looking down, "It's not your fault (y/n),you were just trying to comfort me,and I took the chance and kissed you."I said grabbing her hand giving it a quick squeeze before standing up to meet Lucas,"I forgive you,Farkle,it was in the heat of the moment, I get it, I really do" Lucas said pulling me into a hug,I smiled and wrapped my arms around him as well.Life is looking pretty great right now.I am so glad,I took that chance,not because I wanted to wreak their entire relationship,more because I took that chance and it made me realize that I am not second best,I may not be dating (y/n) like Lucas but I am something way better,I am her best friend and that is good enough for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey beautiful babes, I'm sorry this chapter took so long,I wanted to make it a decent length for you guys,I will get another chapter out asap,but let me know what you guys think in the comments, do you guys want a second book still and any plot ideas for this book, well that's all for now.

Stay strong and beautiful

Peace

I love you guys

919 words