Chapter 16

Chapter 16

But your lies anit workin' now look whose hurting now... Sunshine Anderson,  "Heard It All Before"

Later on the next day

Cavon danced around in his room playfully with his mother Casey. She was the tickle monster and Cavon’s dance partner for the day. For Casey she had to get her mind off Warren rapping her in her very own home. As much as she wanted to call the police she felt as if, it all happened for a damn good reason.  To her, calling the police would just make the situation not believable, and she didn’t have the time to be telling the story to muthafuckas who hear it about it happening all the time. Casey wasn’t in search for sympathy at all. All she really wanted was someone to listen and to not judge her for being so foolish. Being with her son erased away all the negatives with a positive new beginning. Her son arm was still in a cast after his last xray and check-up. It was good news to know that even though he was scarred for life, he will make it through it all. After being shot by his very own father Cavon hated him. Casey knew that Cavon was probably being brain washed by Mama Jingles, but she knew that Cavon had feelings and emotions too. Her son was a splitting image of his father. His golden brown sun kissed skin, almond shaped dark brown eyes, and along with his sly smile was almost the identical to his father’s. Cavon even displayed his father’s personality traits the older he grew. 

Casey was dressed for the day. She was wearing a black and white floral print body con dress that she purchased from Ross and hugged her petite curves perfectly. On her feet she wore her simple black Nine West sandals that showed off her fresh white painted toe nails. Her hair was still in a sew-in that she wore in a loose carefree pony tail. Cavon was looking thugged out with his black Levi jeans and grey t-shirt that said, “Hustle” in huge red capital letters. On his feet he stomped around in his high-top all back Adidas.

“Look at you baby, looking just like your daddy!” Casey smiled at her son while admiring him play on his Ipad. 

“No, I don’t look like him.” He replied back.

“Cavon, don’t be like that your daddy loves you, and he coming home today. He misses you a lot and I think that we can be a family again. He is a changed man and would give up anything to see you happy.”

“Mama, I don’t care. He shot me. Not you.”

“It was an accident Cavon. Your daddy would never harm you!” 

“Bye, Mama. I’m going upstairs.” He said as he started walking out of the room. 

The door bell started to ring and Casey was feeling a bit nervous to answer it. She walked to the door and looked out of the peep hole and it was both Warren and Everton. Her heart started to pace faster as she started to feel light headed. 

“Baby, it’s me. Don’t be scared to open the door. I just want to see you and my son.” Everton said calmly.

She opened the door without saying another word and they both walked in. 

“Damn, you living nice now that you are on your own. I am proud of you.” Everton said as he looked around her two story condo.

“Thank you, Everton. Cavon is upstairs and I am not sure if he want to see you or not.” 

Warren looked at Casey with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. All he wanted to do was get the hell out of her crib and go back to his. He felt completely out of place. 

“I’m just going to go back and sit in my car.” Warren said as he began to walk to the front door. 

“Naaa... brother just stay a little bit. I just want to see my little one. Cavon! Where you at?” Everton shouted his son’s name out loud. 

Cavon made his way down the stairs slowly. He didn’t want to believe that his father loved him. Even though he was only still a child, he didn’t feel love from his father. The same man that could have ended his life short, to him was the enemy. 

“Give me a hug son! I miss you so much.” Everton said bending down to pick him up.

Cavon stuck out his middle finger at his daddy instead. Casey wanted to laughed, but she just walked over to her kitchen and grabbed to water bottles for Everton and Warren. 

“So, you mean to tell me that, since I been away you been teaching my son how to hate me?” Everton questioned Casey. 

“No, Everton. I don’t have any time to do such a thing. You son has been over at my grandmama’s house a whole lot and that’s probably who taught him all that he know.” 

“Do you expect for me to believe that type of shit? You really got me fucked up.”

“Could you please stop cussing in front of my son? Go upstairs Cavon before things get out of hand down here and your daddy go back to jail today.”

Cavon went walking back to his room without saying a word.

“Casey, I am not going back to jail today. I just came to check up on my girl and my son. I still held on to my promise that I made to you the day I left too.” 

“And what was that promise Everton?”

“To marry you Casey. But, before I pop the question I want to know right now if you and my brother right ‘cha been fuckin, since I been locked up? I want an honest answer and I won’t be mad.” 

Warren was fuckin’ pissed that his brother was still on the same bullshit that he left on. He honestly didn’t know what to say to his brother after all the hell he put him through. Everton was not the type of man that took anything negative easy. He was hot head and quick-tempered by nature. 

“Everton, just let go and let God. Okay, we don’t need any more drama.” Casey said as she rolled her eyes at both of the brothers. 

“Fuck, that! Stop covering shit the fuck up and be real!” He yelled.

“If you want to truth Everton, yes we still was fuckin’. No, we are not still fuckin’ and we are not together.” Warren said to his brother. 

Everton didn’t know how to look at his step-brother or the mother of his child any more. He knew that they had to be in love with all the fuckin’ they had to have been doing while he was locked up. It angered him to think that the bullet that his son took for Warren could have cost him his son’s life. It pained him to see that his son was disrespecting him like he didn’t create him. This was not life for Everton. He walked over to Casey’s black leather love sofa and took a seat to clear his mind. 

“So are ya’ll in love? I just want to know ‘cause this shit anit right. How are you going to explain this to my son Casey, since you anit nothin’, but a home wreckin’ ho’.” Everton said as he shook his head.

“No, we are not in love Everton! I don’t have to explain anything to my son mutha fucka! You the one who is a home wreckin’ ho! I am the one providing for my son and keeping food in his mouth and clothes on his back not you! I don’t want your rapist ass bother any ways!” Casey loudly yelled and  boasted.

“Wait! Don’t you dare call me a rapist!” Warren yelled at Casey.

“Hold up, hold up! Warren, you rapped the mother of my child?” Everton asked as he walked over to Warren.

“Yeah, I sure fuckin’ did nigga! So what you going to do about it?” Warren asked as he squared up to his step-brother. 

“I’m not going to touch you ‘cause you know that I came to far to mess up again. But, I do want you to get the fuck out of this house before we have an issue.”

“It’s cool. I will be back soon when she finds out that she is pregnant with my child.” 

“Fuck you Warren!” Casey screamed as she started to walk quickly behind Warren with a kitchen knife.