The Game Is On

Lily POV
I had woken up to see the sun shining brightly out the glass doors leading to the balcony in my bedroom. I felt instant excitement come over my body as I remembered my plans for today, breakfast with James.
I quickly dressed and threw on some light makeup and gave myself a once over in the mirror, the neckline was lower on purpose and I had my corset tighter than usual giving the impression I had a smaller waist and larger breasts. James was almost six years older than me and most likely more experienced then I, I knew i had to impress him with all I had to offer. I grabbed a shawl from my closet and wrapped it around myself, covering up the best I could because I knew Father would get quite angry if he saw me wearing this.
I wihistled and Scouts ears perked up and he jumped off my bed and followed me downstairs. There was complete silence to the house, Odd, Father was always awake before me... I thought to myself. I quietly opened the door to the music room and walked down the stairs. I peered around the corner and my jaw dropped. I saw Father and Sierra laying on the couch, and he was not wearing his mask. He really must love her... my goodness Then Sierra looked up slowly at me, I smirked at her and she retuned the look.
"You look beautiful" She mouthed to me with a warm smile on her face.
"Thank you." I whispered. I meant this that saying in more than one way, the compliment and the new companionship between the two of them. I hated seeing Father alone, they really did deserve each other. She retuned her head, nuzzling into Fathers neck and in his sleep he wrapped his arm around her and she slipped back into her slumber with him. Scout went and laid down next to the couch with them as I left the house.
I was at the cafe when I saw James

He stood there, handsome as the first day I saw him

He stood there, handsome as the first day I saw him. He was holding a bouquet of black roses.... Peculiar I thought to myself. He looked up and saw me standing there staring at him. He smirked at me and made his way over,
"How are you this morning my beautiful flower." He said wrapping me into a hug, his strong cologne intoxicating my senses,
"Better, now that I'm here." I said bravely and he pulled back still holding onto my waist, and he pressed a soft kiss onto my cheek, making me blush a Scarlett red.
"That makes me happy to hear. These are for you, a flower for my flower" He said suavely. He handed me the gorgeous bouquet, and I pressed them close to my chest, smelling the refreshing scent.
"Oh James, you shouldn't have." I said looking deep into his brown eyes. He took my hand in his and I felt my heart flutter at how right his hand felt in mine.
"Come, I have a table for us." He said leading me inside.
We sat in the dining area they had set up outside, he walked behind me pulling my chair out as a true gentleman would. I sat down and he went to sit across from me.
"Now, once again I must apologize for bumping into you yesterday. It was completely my fault however, I do not wish it didn't happen, because I would not have been able to ask to see you again." He said reaching across the table to take my hand.
"Oh James-" I was cutoff by a waiter approaching.
"How are we doing this on this fine morning?" The kind man asked, then he looked at me. "Oh you are Mr. Y's daughter aren't you?" He asked me and I blushed and James looked at me curiously.
"Yes sir." I said.
"Well then, breakfast will be on the house for the two of you-"
"Oh no sir-" I started but James gripped my hand a but tighter, and he looked at me, "Well thank you." I said.
"Now what my I get the two of you?"
"How about two glasses of champagne?" James said and I shot him a look, but he only grinned.
"Yes sir," the waiter said and walked away.
"James your aware I am only 15? I mean i will be 16 next week but still..." I said not wanting to have anyone tell my Father I had been drinking.
"Yes, I am quite aware. Consider it a treat my darling, you are my age mentally, I assure you that." He said winking at me, and I blushed again. "Now I wish to get to know you, I have so many questions." He said kissing my hand.
"Ask away." I said smiling at the handsome man in front of me.
"So your Father, the mysterious Mr. Y, does he know you are here with me, or did you sneak out like a naughty girl?" He asked giving me a devilish grin.
"Yes, he does, He was reluctant but allowed it, but there is one thing I must ask of you concerning that..." I said.
"And that is?" He asked as the waiter dropped off the glasses with the golden liquid.
"He wishes to meet you, but I must warn you he is rather protective of me, I am his only daughter." James only smiled at me.
"Then I shall meet him today. Do not fret, I will not cower from him, you will learn there is not much I fear." He said. He took a sip of his drink and went back to looking at me noticing I was staring at the drink.
"A few glasses will not hurt, I promise." He said, but I was still anxious. "I guess I have the pleasure of taking your drinking virginity today." He said in a husky voice making me stiffen, "Excuse the expression dear." He said stroking my fingers. I looked at him once more and picked up the glass and took a small sip, it was rather delicious.
"Its good, thank you James." I said smirking at him.
We continued conversing through our meal. James asked me many questions about my life, and if I was excited about beginning high school, which I was. He told me some of the things to expect and he would be there to help me along the way if needed, which made my heart warm, he thought whatever was going on between us was going to last. I learned he was attending a university in the city, becoming a lawyer. He was very intelligent, and had a vast vocabulary. It was similar to the conversations Father and I would have, very intellectual.
"How is your meal darling?" He said wiping the corner of his mouth with his napkin.
"Amazing, thank you James." I said taking another bite.
"I must ask however, you are fine this the age difference between us correct?" I looked up from my meal, his deep brown eyes staring into mine.
"Yes, I am. I really do like you James, truly." I said anxiously, letting my true feelings for him show.
"Good, I like you as well. I like what is happening between us, I really do." I blushed at him as he took my hand once more. We finished our meal and James left a heavy tip for the waiter, thanking him for his service. We walked back towards my home, stopping every once in a while to admire the view of the ocean. We were almost there when James stopped abruptly,
"Lily, before we get any closer to your home. There is something I wish to do." He said pulling me close. I know what he wanted.
"Yes?" Then his lips found mine, they were so soft and warm. They tasted of the champagne he was drinking. My heart felt as if it was going to beat out of my chest in this moment. This was my first kiss, and certainly it was good. He ran his fingers through my hair as he slowly pulled away, I wished he hadn't. I blushed wildly and smiled like a fool.
"Better than you imagined?" He asked quietly in my ear as he pulled me into his chest.
"Who said I had been imagining it?" I giggled.
"Well, I saw you looking at my lips a few times. It was quiet obvious dear." He said kissing the top of my head.
"Oh.." I said feeling slightly embarrassed.
"Don't fret. I thought about it since the day I met you." He admitted. "Now, lets not keep your Father waiting. I would like to make a good impression." He said taking my hand and walking towards my home once more.
When the house came into sight I saw Father and Nadir sitting outside playing chess like a couple of old men. Oh no... Double team, poor James.
Father then looked up, he saw us walking towards him and Nadir gaze followed soon after. I felt James grip on my hand tighten, and I leaned into his side a bit more. I looked up at his face, his expression not showing a trace of fear. Father stood up and Nadir watched him while staying seated. Father stood taller than ever, looking intimidating but James did not let it bother him.
"James I presume." Father's voice boomed. I shot him a glare and he did not even glance towards me but kept his stare on James.
"Yes Sir, I heard my presence was requested." James said, his voice never shaking.
"Yes. I wished to meet the boy, or man rather who was taking interest in my only daughter." Father said,
"I see, well I certainly have. She is a brilliant, and beautiful young woman." He said looking at me.
"I agree." Father said, then there was a deadly silence in the air as clung to James tighter.
"Playing a game of chess are we?" James asked breaking the silence, looking back at my Father. "Who's winning?" James asked amused.
"He is, only because he is cheating as per usual." Nadir said, earning a glare from Father.
"Do you play James?" Father asked
"I have since I was a boy. My father taught me when I was merely 6, he was the only one to ever beat me." James said,
"Then why don't we play a game? I insist" Father said in a challenging manor.
"Father-" I began.
"No, let us play a game." James said leaving my side and approached Father. He stood only about an inch under Father, who had a tall and muscular build as did James. I watched the two anxiously, then found Nadir's gaze on mine. He nodded towards the house, telling me to meet him inside. I was hesitant to leave Father and James alone, but I knew they were both gentlemen and surely wouldn't kill the other. I hoped.
"I simply asked him to be civil." I said quietly to Nadir as he put the tea kettle on.
"Well, he hasn't killed the boy yet. So he is, in his own way." Nadir said sounding rather amused.
"I suppose. Now why did you call me in here?" I asked.
"I wanted to ask you how you felt about your Father and Sierra." Nadir said, and a smiled appeared on my face.
"I like them together to be quite honest. They both need someone, and they suit each other." I looked up to see Nadir smirking.
"I feel the same way." He said

Erik POV
I reset the pieces as James stood admiring the view of the ocean. I certainly did not like him, however I did not detest him as I assumed I would.
"Do you have a job James?" I asked breaking the silence.
"Yes, I apprentice under a lawyer in the city. I am currently in school to become a lawyer myself." He said. I simply nodded. College? The age difference was apparent but I wasn't sure how much. James glanced at me, noticing I wad ready to begin our game. He sat across from me.
"Timers or not?" James said placing his hand on the clock next to us, "I prefer them, it adds a bit of... pressure if you will." James said cracking his neck.
"Apply the pressure then." I said. The timer began and I made my first move.
"I understand you met my daughter at a pub yesterday?"
"Yes, we bumped into each other. Her little friend-"
"Ramin"
"Yes him, well I thought he was going to snap my neck right then and there." Good job Ramin.
James made the next move, simply bringing a pawn out.
"I understand there is an age difference between the two of you." I said and a devious smirk appeared on his face.
"Yes, about six years. She is mature beyond her years. A boy her age would be of disinterest to her I assume." He said as I moved.
"I agree. She is more wise than most girls her age." I said admitting that he was correct. He moved, putting me in position to take his first pawn. "However, she is still naive to the world and its predators..." I said looking up at him, but he was already looking at me, smirking. A smirk I wanted to smack off of his face.
"Ah yes, I understand your point. You believe I will simply use her and leave." I nodded slowly. "No, quite the opposite. Someone as pure as her deserves someone who can care for her, and protect her from the world and its cruelties." He said making his next move, taking a piece of mine that I was not paying attention to. Protecting her is my job, I am her Father.
"Yes, then I assume your intentions with her are pure." I said. I did not want him taking from her what I took from Christine when she was only 16.
"Indeed."
We carried on our game in silence until Lily came outside with Nadir. She grabbed a chair and I scooted over to make room for her but instead she sat next to James. I saw James smirk at her actions as she looked at the board to see who was winning. James took her hand in his and I clenched my fist under the table however, I knew she was happier sitting with him.
"Your move Sir." James said as he looked at my daughter as she blushed under his gaze. Then I saw one simple way to win, but it required a slip up on his part. I simply made a pointless move, then he looked back at the board and smirked. I looked away from him,
"Check mate" I heard him mutter, I quickly looked back at the board not believing the words that had just left James' mouth. It was true. My mouth opened slightly, not realizing how he had just done it and how I had not seen it. I saw James swiftly stand up and Lily did the same. He took her hand and they walked into the garden, as I still looked at the board puzzled.

Lily POV
"You realize you've just overwhelmed him correct?" I giggled as James stole me away to the garden so we were concealed by the tall hedges.
"Good, maybe I have earned a bit on respect from him." He said pulling me closer as her rested his chin on my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his strong, most likely toned torso. I heard the calming sound of his heart beating in my ear. Then he placed his hand on my chin lifting my head so I would look at him. He leaned down and placed his lips on mine once again. This time he was a bit more hungry but gentle still. I ran my fingers through his dark brown hair as he pulled me closer by the waist and his other hand caressed my cheek gently,

 I ran my fingers through his dark brown hair as he pulled me closer by the waist and his other hand caressed my cheek gently,

In the kiss he muttered,
"I alway win my darling, your Father will learn that." Then he gently bit my bottom lip before actually pulling away. I wanted more of him, but I knew we wouldn't continue with Father and Nadir a few yards away.
"I must go, I shall see you later though my flower." He said pulling away from my embrace. I nodded as he kissed my cheek softly once more, and he walked away from me, leaving me to my thoughts and fantasies...