Letters

Lily POV
Ramin sat at the breakfast counter in the kitchen while I made eggs for him, Father, and myself. It was already one in the afternoon, we had all slept in, getting a late start to the day. As the eggs cooked I went through the mail as Ramin read the newspaper like an old man. Then I saw a peculiar letter addressed to Father. The penmanship was beautiful however, felt like I had seen it before.
"Whats that?" Ramin asked when he noticed me staring at the letter.
"Not sure, it's addressed to Father Its a woman's handwriting I think." I said showing him the handwriting on the envelope.
"Definitely a woman. Is your Father back in the game?" He joked with me, but I didn't smile. I knew who the letter was from. It was without a doubt from Ms. Allen. She wrote to him, she had interest in him. My plan had worked.
"It worked..." I said softly, Ramin just looked at me confused.
"What did?"
"The other night we were going out to dinner, and we saw Ms Allen. She was crying and I comforted her, it was the anniversary of her fiancé death. We invited her to have dinner with us, well I did and Father didn't interject. Then they got talking, they soon couldn't keep their eyes of each other.... Then I noticed how lonely they both were. Both so unsatisfied with the loneliness in their hearts. She was so alone, so was he. I left to go see you, and when I retuned he still wasn't home... I should have seen it sooner. He likes her...." I said smirking at him. He just looked at me in amusement, before retuning to the paper. I kept staring at the letter in my hand. Ramin the looked at me,
"You really want to open it don't you?"
"Horribly. Father would be upset if I did though..." I said.
"Then reseal it after we read it" He said deviously.
"Well okay..." I went into the drawer to get the letter opener when I heard his footsteps coming from downstairs. I slammed the drawer shut. Father stood there putting on his cuff links.
"Good Morning" He said looking at me curiously. Ramin was trying not to let a smile overcome his face at what I had almost just done.
Note to self: don't follow Ramin's advice.
"Why do the two of you look so suspicious?" Father said in his deep voice.
"We're teenagers, have you not learned we are always up to something?" Ramin said with a smirk, I shot him a death glare.
"Trust me, I've figured that out." He said chuckling and pouring himself a cup of coffee. I still clutched the letter behind my back.
"What have you got there darling?" Father said looking at me and sitting at the counter next to Ramin.
"Um a letter for you..." I said taking it out from behind and handing it to him. He looked at me, and then saw the writing on the letter and his expression lightened. He took the letter swiftly and stood abruptly from the counter. He only looked at the outside in silence. I wondered what was going through that strange mind of his.
"I will be back tonight, don't plan on me for dinner...." He said walking towards the door.
"What?" I said as he slammed the door shut and the letter in hand. Ramin and I exchanged a look with a smirk on both of our faces. I continued going through the mail until I gasped,
"Noel wrote!" I yelled excitedly. Ramin smiled at me at the mention of our best friend. She hadn't written in almost a year, we feared she had forgotten us in her new exciting life.
"Open it!" He exclaimed. I ripped the letter open to see a page of her beautiful handwriting.

"My Dearest Friends,
I miss you both so much. Im so sorry I haven't written in the longest time. I've been very busy. Trust me, I have not forgotten the two of you. I never could. I have met somebody here, he is a few years older and works in the theater training as a fly master. He says his Father used to be the master of the fly at the Opera Populiare and he is following his footsteps. He has heard of your Mother Lily, he says he remembers being a small boy and listening to her sing...I love him very much, and he loves me.
I shall be back next year for Father and Meg's wedding, unfortunately I will not be there when the baby is born. My schedule will not allow it. I plan to move here when I am finally finished here at the academy in a few years. Possibly be a trainer like Madame Giry.
Give your Father my best Lily, and I hope he is well.
Give Madame and Meg my love.
I miss you both and shall try to write more often.
Forever your best friend,
Noel.

A tear fell from my eye, and Ramin pulled me into his embrace.
"Oh I miss her Ramin. I miss her so much." I said leaning my head into his chest.
"I do too." He said softly. I always felt safe in his arms, like he was my brother protecting me from any harm. He held me for a bit and let me cry.
"How about we go shopping?" He suggested cheerily.
"Ramin, you hate shopping..."
"Yes, but you don't. I hate seeing you sad my flower." He said looking at me. I smiled at his offer.
"Alright, let me get ready and we can go." I said and going on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. I looked at him and he blushed.... Odd
I left his arms and hurried upstairs and he still stood there still as a statue. What's gotten into him?