Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I finished washing the last dish and placed it in the cupboard. I looked back at the dinner table. Where Wally usually sat, the plate was clean and there was leftovers.

Yep. I said it. There were leftovers with Wally around. I hadn't seen him sense he was talking to me earlier. I close the pantry door and head for my room when someone grabs my wrist.

"Ah ah ah! It's girls night!!!" M'gann said as she pulled me along to the sitting room.

"M'gann! Come on M'gann! I don't have time for this!" I said trying to get away.

"No way! You promised that you, me, and Artemis could do something together and we chose a girls night." M'gann said.

"You mean you chose a girls night?" I say with a smirk.

"Actually it was more Zatanna and I choosing it." M'gann says with a smile. I roll my eyes as I get dragged along to M'gann's room. Zatanna, Artemis, Ace, M'gann and I changed into civilian clothes. Well...the four of them did. I,on the other hand changed into a black crop top with black shorts and my black cloak. I'm a big fan of black.

"Alright girls. You ready for some fun?" M'gann says with a grin as we head for the Zeta Tubes.

We walked strait into the party that was in downtown Metropolis. The music was blaring and lights were flashing about. Let me tell you. Many many boys were staring at us.

"Let's have some fun!" Zatanna said happily as she starts to dance.

"Come on Ace!" M'gann says grabbing my cousin's hand and pulls her along. Artemis and I look at each other. It was uncomfortable for both of us, but Arty eventually got settled in unlike myself.

"Hey baby." A husky voice said.

"I'm defiantly enjoying the view of this Honey Bunny." Another voice said from the other side of me. I looked to see these two creepy kids that were each around sixteen.

"I am too old for you two." I say trying to make it sound like I was around 20 or something.

"Oh come on Babe. Younger men always have the better stuff." Creep Number One says.

"Yup. Better Toys to play with." Creep Number Two says. A hand runs up my thigh to my ass while another is tracing invisible circles by my collarbone.

"Piss off bastards." I say as I crack my hand across both of this faces. "Don't touch the goods." I hiss as I flick my hood over my head. I check my watch. It has been almost four hours sense we got here. I scan the place and eventually find Zatanna, M'gann, Artemis, and Ace. "Come on. We are leaving." I say.

"Aw. Come on! Just five more minutes!" Zatanna begs.

"No." I say. Use me black telekinesis to teleport us of the nearest Zeta Tube. And this is why I hated Girls Nights.

Once back at the cave, I headed strait for my bed room. I couldn't help admit to myself as I changed into a tank top and shorts that Wally was on my mind the whole time I was at that damned party.

***

I woke up at the usual Six O'clock, meditated, made myself a cup of herbal tea, then headed to the training room. Batman told me the other day that the team would have this weekend off. So that would be today (which was Saturday) and the next day.

By the time I had meditated and got my tea it was around Eight O'clock in the morning. I sipped my tea as I saw Conner, Robin and Kaldur sparring against one another. I smirked as I watched the three all end up falling to the floor.