Chapter Nine: Anything to Keep You.

Favorite Comment(s) from L.U:

Ah, I love it! I've been waiting for an update, and I'm so happy I go one! :) Absolutely loved it, haha. I think its great how its not cliché at all, its like a breath of fresh air. Can't wait till' the next update! - crinkled

Please update. The wait is killing me. I love love love this book so much. You should really consider publishing it. I would love you if you did. How can you manage being so good at writing and not get the credit you deserve? Though I can't give it to you, I love you! - meettheworld

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine: Anything to Keep You.

- Adria's P.O.V - - - - - - - - - -

The ghastly hush that encompassed the woods was enough to drive my body insane with shivers. The noise of snapping jaws and malign growls couldn't be heard by the last whimper. No sound ever came after that. It was a deadly silence that stretched for miles; our breathes lost within itself. I could feel my heart hammering against my chest, but I couldn't even hear the slightest thump from it. My ears were focused on where he was, listening to what he would say.

I didn't dare to turn around and meet his eyes. Instead, mine lingered upon the scarlet liquid staining my hands. 

I drew in a short breath, temporarily forgetting what consequence would come of it until it was too late. My inner demon was aroused with hunger and the feeble grip I had on my control wasn't enough to hold her down. I was growing weaker as she pushed me back, caging me to useless standby.

"Mate?," He spoke. As soon as he did, the hairs on the back of my neck rose with edge and the need to disappear was critical. Why did he stay?

"It's Adria," I replied, cringing at the cold tone in my voice that couldn't be helped. It was a battle to fight for my own body and the burn in my throat seemed to only intensify.

Images flickered in my thoughts of my teeth sinking into his succulent flesh gave me the insight as to what her hideous intentions were. The blood on my hands weren't what she wanted. A mere human was suddenly tasteless to her. She had a new way of obtaining what she wanted, a way that wouldn't put up a fight.

For that, It was all his fault.

"Do you realize what you've done?," I finally turned to meet his eyes. The blood dripped from my fingertips to stain the dirt beneath our feet. Five limp wolves surrounding us as it reminded me over and over.

"You just made yourself her daily meal," I raged," All this blood and she doesnt want it. Because she wants yours!"

With the self-control I had left, I needed to get myself out of here before she could win. I couldn't stare into those eyes anymore. "Do what's best for yourself if you treasure your life. Stay away from me."

Warm hands grasped at my arms as soon as I spoke. There was no words as to how I felt then. Half of me relaxed at his touch, ravishing the thrumming sensation coming from his contact. The other half was jolted, eager and thirsty, cutting all of my control off to the last string.

"I'm sorry but that's impossible for me," He whispered lowly," Mates aren't replaceable. You only have one and I can't afford to lose mine. If you try and leave, I'll follow you."