Chapter Ten: Bets with the Alpha.

Favorite Comment(s) from L.U:

I don't know about you, but I'm in L❤️VE with this story. It written really well, and the storyline, let's just say it's my kind of book. She is so badass! I love books where girls are stronger than guys. I don't care that she might be having a mini war inside her between vampire, werewolf and human. It is amazing! Your amazingly talented, and I wish I could write like you. Can't wait for the next update, seriously the downer fact of this book is waiting. One day it'll kill me. I know I'm an impatient person, but I blame you and your awesome story. - pineapple_Gurl18

AHAUSBSNAHAHSJ MY POOR HEART, IT'S GOING TO JUMP OUT OF MY CHEST, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS AN ACTUAL HONEST TO GOD UPDATE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH | Oh my. This is so exciting. - pretence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Chapter Ten: Bets with the Alpha.

  - Adria's P.O.V - - - - - - - - - -  

"How could you be so stupid?," A man's voice yelled.

Despite the tension, the man's voice had the ability to make the hairs on my arm rise. His voice was incredibly loud that I didn't have to press up against the door to listen to what they could be saying.

"I didn't raise you up to take over the pack and bring it to extinction! How much more of a fuck up could you be to bring a threat to the pack?"

I never once appreciated my heightened senses, but it really did wonders for my hearing when I needed it. I could hear Matthew sigh with irritance before threatening the man," You may be my father, but I won't take the crap you talk about my mate."

I could only guess there was a female within the room that could match the softest gasp," Your mate?"

"Yes. My mate. This pack's future. She's a werewolf too."

Matthew's father seemed to echo even louder, causing my body to shiver at the tension seeming to flow right out from the crack of the doors," Mate? Werewolf? Matthew, do something right for once! That thing is not one of us. That thing may I remind you- has been feeding on our lands!"

I couldn't help but jump at the bang that emanated from the closed doors. I almost wanted to hightail myself out and away from the family on the other end. "Don't ever call her a thing. Her name is Adria! Treat her with respect, damn it."

"Matthew!," the feminine voice cried.

Both doors to the room slammed open, revealing a very angry and terrifying Matthew. Rising from the edge of the bed, I took a deep breath," I warned you that I had no place here. You really shouldn't have brought m-"

Matthew unfortunately didn't say one word. He walked right up to me and in one swift motion- was holding my hand and dragging me out. I kept up with his pace easily, taking in the room with one sweep. His parents stood behind a cracked wooden desk, his father holding onto his chair with tight fists as we walked past. His mother clung tightly to his fathers shirt with her other hand balled up in a fist against her chest. For a moment, I was glad they didn't spare me a glance. It almost made me adore them. It was the first time I was hated- not loved.

Matthew ripped open the door with splints of wood flying off its hinges. Even if I barely knew him or anything about him, I could tell he rarely ever got along with his parents.