Chapter Fourteen: Beautiful.

Favorite Comment(s) from L.U:

Love this book so much 😍 - Diamond_anime

UPDATE PLZ!!! - Cupcake54802

Loving how you are going with this book. I'm always on the edge of my seat waiting for your updates. - Pandora2912

Please be quick with the update. I so love this book!! - Mysterious_Assassin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter Fourteen: Beautiful.

- Adria's P.O.V. - - - - - - - - - - 

I hated myself. Even if he did nothing wrong.. I found myself hating him too. I couldn't help myself. I have been drowning in my own guilt for years, hating every ounce of my being because of what I do. I had no family because of it, no normal life. All because of that thirst, the blood lust..

I hated it.

I could feel the tears begin to fall again and I didn't bother to stop myself. Feeding from him wasn't supposed to feel that good. I wasn't supposed to like it. That wasn't right. Nothing about it was right.

I pushed my face deeper into my arms and hugged my knees closer to my chest. I could already feel my body shiver and my teeth chatter from the weather, but I wasn't going to return back inside. Not right now, not just yet. It wouldn't even matter if I froze to death. I probably deserved it anyway..

Out of all the faces I've been haunted with, his was the one that bothered me the most.

When I.. bit into him, he was the same. It was just the look in his expression, the expression placed on his face. It was almost as if I had brought him to a whole different world or was giving him life. His hands that were usually strong, barely gripped at the hem of my shirt. Those reactions were normal. What wasn't was the fact that he was staring at me.

His eyes were open and his gaze immediately locked with mine when I had pulled back. It was the emotion in them that made my gut twist, even now. He looked at me with complete trust and care. It was almost as if he trusted me with his entire life. That exact emotion is what kept me rooted in this spot for more than ten hours..

I closed my eyes, just remembering what happened next. As weak as he was, he still brought his hand up to my cheek. I could tell he was struggling, but nonetheless, he did it anyway. His thumb caressed at my lower lip and chin, wiping away the blood that was there before giving me a weak smile.

"You're so beautiful."

How could he think I was beautiful? What part of any of that was beautiful? I was a monster. That was his blood and that was my fault. I bit my lip to force my sobs to remain silent. I wanted to ask him, I really did. I wish I just had it in me to do it.

For the first time since I sat out here, I picked my head up to see the sky. It was night time already.

It was about time I was going to leave.

I just couldn't face them. Not after what happened. After feeding Matthew back blood for him to regain his strength, I left him in the hands of Stella and Damian. He had been asleep since and it was nearing the same hour mark that Stella had healed. At this time of night, I could only hope that Stella and Damian were asleep too.