Prologue: Darkness.

Prologue: Darkness.

It's kind of crazy how fast things can change. One moment, you could be living your life to the fullest, looking forward to tomorrow, laughing with your friends beside you as you walk, and in the next, be in the face of death. It's terrifying. You had your life under control and in ones grasp, it easily sneaks away.

I guess you can say this is it.

This is my end.

I watched as the most beautiful creature I've ever encountered swiftly snatch one of my friends, tossing him to the wall where he lay there unconscious. She lifted him effortlessly, as if he didn't weigh a pound. She made it appear as if he was merely a feather to her.

She easily snatched Lisa who had attempted to run, which only seemed to amuse the girl. She moved with an indescribable speed that my very own eyes couldn't stand to keep up with. I could only assess Lisa hanging a few inches off the ground as the girl's hand tightened around her neck.

All the while, I was planted to the spot, my body frozen as I watched my friends being attacked by someone, something. The girl seemed focused on Lisa as she strangled the life out of her, but as I eyed her longer, her eyes slowly trailed from Lisa's resisting form and onto me. Her lips twitched as she released her grip on Lisa, who fell to the ground in a coughing fit. She advanced on me, giving enough time for Lisa to scurry away and me to run, but I couldn't find it in me to move. I was like a deer caught in headlights.

Only, I wanted to stay there.

Her beauty was mesmerizing and she was increasingly beautiful with every step she took towards me. At the same time, the fear in me seemed to triple, skyrocketing to the moon and back. When she was about three feet away, she stopped in front of me, her head tilting as she asked, "You're not going to run?"

Her voice shocked me. It was so angelic, every word sounding musical and like honey. It wasn't vicious in the least bit. The way she spoke sounded sweet and gentle, as if she wasn't about to kill me.

"No," I tried to reply, though it was barely a whisper.

Somehow, she heard me. Her lips turning into a genuine smile, but even the sight of that didn't distract me from her eyes, which were slowly turning from black to red. The bloody color swirled in her pitch black orbs, until they were fully dominated by the striking glow, making it obvious she wasn't human. But I already established that.

In the blink of an eye, she wasn't six feet away from me anymore. She was close enough to touch, her body pressed up against mine as I felt her small cold hand caress the crook of my neck.

I swallowed, trying to say something, but my throat was too dry to speak. I couldn't even sum up a single thought as she leaned in, her nose running along my neck as she inhaled.

"Mmmm," she murmured, her head leaving my neck as she looked up to face me.

"Don't be scared, human," she caressed my cheek, the coldness making me shiver. Her tongue dampened her lips, which gave me perfect view of the elongated teeth that were now there, "It won't hurt for long."

Before I could make any type of response, she had reached for my head, tilting it and giving her complete access to my neck to which she bit into violently. The pain was unbelievable as her sharp teeth punctured my skin. My cries echoed off of the vacant streets falling on deaf ears; though neither my yelling nor the pain lasted long, just like she had promised.

The pain was gone and now replaced with this amazing tingling. It shot through my whole body, all stress that it once contained, instantly gone. My mind was like a blank slate or a clean canvas, almost as if not one memory in my life could distract me. I could only focus on the amazing feeling that was taking over just from the bite that I didn't even notice we had fallen to the floor.

It also took me a while to realize my hands had gripped weakly at her to keep her there as the blood was sucked out of me.

Complete Bliss.

That's how I felt at this moment, even if I was coming to my death.

My eyelids became dangerously heavy, as the dark spots clouded my vision. And, all too soon, she pulled back. The dark liquid, that was my blood, trickled down the side of her plump lips, which she delicately wiped away.

The absence of her teeth made my body crave, as I tried to grasp her. I wanted to feel it again. I needed to feel it again. The high feeling was still there, but the amazing bliss was slowly fading, the pain returning as it fled. I saw a new color emerge, her once blood red eyes were now a beautiful shade of blue and wet with tears.

Her hands that were now warm, cupped my cheeks, as I made out her words, "I'm so sorry."

"You'll be fine," she assured me, repeating herself once again, "You'll be fine."

She quickly pulled out what looked to be a butterfly knife, the blade glinting off of the street lights as she took it out. Thinking it was for me, I closed my eyes to wait for her to finish me off.

Only, to feel her hands gently open my mouth.

I snapped my eyes open as I watched her give me her slit wrist, which was bleeding and dripping onto my white flannel shirt. I tried to move away, but I was too weak to move.

She pressed it against my lips, urging me, "Drink it, please," she begged, her eyes filled with worry, shame, and sorrow.

The liquid kissed my lips, as she urged me once more to drink her blood. The way she pleaded, there was no way I could deny her request. Even if it was the most disgusting thing I would have ever done in my life. How could I refuse?

I parted my lips, finally tasting the liquid as she squeezed on it to pour more into my mouth. It tasted sweet, like sugarcane. It might just be because of my loss of blood that I was imagining this, but her blood was... sweet.

As I drank, the darkness finally took over, pulling me from this beauty as I was succumbed into a slumber. No more of her beautiful blue eyes, just- Darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to SaskiaRoss for the much appreciated edit! <3

Thank you for giving this story a chance! #iloveyou

Vote - If you want more.

Comment - If you wish.

Follow - If you plead to receive updates.

Keep Reading - Just because.