Chapter Twelve: My personal heroine.

Favorite Comment(s) from L.U:

You really know how to keep me interested in your book!! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how things turn out. Yes ur writing style is wonderful. You know how to bring your story to life and make me feel like I'm in the book. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what happens next!!!😃😀😎❤️❤️ - Pandora2912

---------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Chapter Twelve: My personal heroine.

  - Matthew's P.O.V. - - - - - - - - - -    

"Oh dear. She's crashed out, isn't she?"

Stella laughed, poking at my mate's cheek. She had been asleep for almost an hour now. Ever since we had found a hidden page from a part of a book, we had been busy with loads of work. Stella and Damian were seeing what they could find online while my mate and I were hitting the books. She had been so focused on discovering more that she ended up crashing out in the middle of one of them.

I couldn't help but stare at her, in all honesty. It was really calming to watch her sleep peacefully. She was solely focused on reading, but really- I was constantly distracted by her. I knew she was distracted by me too because at some points, I've caught her eyes wander on me. Her eyes would widen before she started eyeing back at the book to look busy. Those rosy cheeks of hers would give her away too.

"Well, I'm definitely beat. I think we should stop for today," Stella yawned before raising her hands to stretch.

"Yes! Finally," Damian groaned, almost as if he was only half awake. He had been begging for a break since four hours ago, but Stella made him work. It was either he helped or got out of her face as she put it.

Stella rolled her eyes at him before turning to put a strand of Adria's hair behind her ear. She sighed before looking me in the eyes," Hey Matt, help me put her in bed, yeah?"

I nodded, definitely more than willing. She was my mate, of course. I'd jump at anything she needed. I folded the corner of the book I was in to keep track of where I left off and closed it. I strolled over to cross the table, slowly transferring her body into my arms- bridal style. Once I had her in my arms, I froze. As I was shifting her over, she mumbled in my arms. Shit, did I wake her?

Her eyebrows creased, causing a little dent between her brows before she smiled and snuggled more into my chest. Nonetheless, falling back to sleep with a small smile to her lips. I sighed, almost loving how she was attracted to me. God, she was beautiful. If only it wasn't weird to, I would just stare at her. My personal heroine.

I then followed Stella into one of the rooms of her place. She entered, motioning me forward with a tilt of her head," That's her bed. At least, when she stays here."

I gently placed my mate down before pulling her sheets over her for her to sleep comfortably. Before I could turn around, a hand had snaked up to grip at my shirt. It was my mate.

"Adria?," I asked, just in case she was awake.

Nope. She was definitely asleep.

Damn, was she always this cute? I let out the smallest chuckle while I removed her grip. It was nice to know her body responded to me, even in her sleep. I looked over to Stella, really trying to not sound desperate when I asked," Do you think it'd be okay for me to crash here?"

She smiled," Well, you are my best friends mate.. So- I don't think it's that bad. But, I don't know if she'll be happy about it."

"Yeah, you're right," I sighed, really trying to respect what she said. Really- I was still trying to get to know her just as much as I was trying to get her to know me. As badly as my wolf wanted it, I knew she wouldn't be happy about it the next morning. If I wanted to keep my mate, I couldn't be such a prick. I wanted her to see me as a gentleman, someone she wouldn't mind letting take care of her.

Stella looked like she felt bad for me because after a moment, she sighed," I can offer one of the couches in the living room?"

That's way better than any hotel room. As far as returning home, it's not an option. I didn't want to be too far away from her either. It's as good as it gets.

"Thanks Stella," I smiled, before following her out of my mate's room.

I walked over to the couch, almost in a daze. My whole chest and arms were raging with the sparks from holding my mate. It was still causing goose-flesh to rise up my forearm. I could really get used to this. They were so addictive, it was dangerous. Thoughts of my mate immediately came to a crashing halt when Stella's voice echoed from inside of her own room.

"Get out!," she growled, her door now open as she pointed out of her room.

From what I could see, Damian was sprawled out on what I could only assume was Stella's bed. He didn't even budge even if Stella's voice was raised. She groaned aloud, before heading over to grip his feet. She grunted while she pulled with all of her force. She was really trying too. Though on her seventh try- her grip slipped, successfully landing her on her bum with a yelp.

"Ugh! You fat," She grunted as she rose to her feet," lazy.. idiot!"

I laughed under my breath. Damian was really pushing her buttons. Stella's face was just boiling with anger already. I doubt he'll live to even apologize when he wakes up tomorrow.

"You're so dead. Just you wait," She cursed at him, now sitting beside him as she continuously pummeled his back. All he managed to do was just groan before settling deeper into her pillows.

She huffed- smacking him with a pillow before stomping her way to the door. She had brought a tiny remote with her, making something beep one before she closed the door behind her. She stuck something in and I heard a click," This will show him."

I laughed at her now, causing her to throw a glare my way.

"Did you seriously just lock him in there?"

"Yes!," She growled, before stomping over to the couch across me," Damn it, this is my house and I can't even sleep in my own bed. I hope that mutt sweats to death."

Damn Damian. Good luck, I mentally thought to myself. He was going to need it.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

ENM Update!

A little depressed to see my absence has lost so many readers! #ugh #myheart

I honestly love Stella and Damian's relationship. #amiright

I unfortunately only had one comment on the last update. Please don't be shy! Again, I love talking with you lovelies. 

Vote - If you want more.

Comment - If you wish.

Follow - If you plead to receive updates.

Keep Reading - Just because.