Chapter 5: "Coma for 3 Months"

Derek's P.O.V

IV's was all hooked to Tessa I was worried because if she lost the fight in her mind she might die. "Derek, you need to sleep." Melissa said. "I can't." I said. "You're the first person my daughter loved she loved you too... she told me a lot." Melissa said. "Melissa... just please stop... I can't lose anyone else I love." I said. I was right next to her hospital bed. "Tessa... please come back to me." I said. Scott comes into see disappointment she's not waking up."Damn it, Tessa! Wake up!" I tried to shake her awake. "Derek, calm down... you need to leave." Melissa said. "I'll stay, Derek." Scott offered.

Scott's P.O.V

"Tess, if you can hear me... we all miss you... even Coach asked about you." I exclaimed. "Just fight it fight to live." I said. Stiles came in and brought flowers. "How do you think Derek's handling this?" Stiles asked. "Not good, Mom had to force him to leave." I said. "We all worried Scott if she wins the fight what do you think she'll do?" Stiles asked. "Wake up and tell us she's alright." I said. "Dude, she's gonna be fine... I know it and if she's not I don't think we'll be able to handle it... especially Derek." Stiles said.

Derek's P.O.V

I went back to the hospital Melissa said she started to move which was a good sign. I rushed inside I see Melissa she looked at me and smiled. "Someone wants to see you." She said. We went into her room I stood there shocked she was awake. "Derek." She whispered. "I was worried about you... I could hear you everyone I could hear... I wanted to say something, but I was weak and I don't understand what went on my mind, but all I could think about was you." She said. "You could hear me." I said.

Tessa's P.O.V

I've been in a coma for three months Derek was hoping I would still fight. I put my hand over his then I told him he needed to rest so Scott came in after school and watched me. I slept some, but I also stayed awake a lot. I was finally discharged from the hospital Mom let me stay with Derek, I came into the loft and Derek picked me up. "Is this totally necessary?" I asked him. "Yes." He said. "I missed you, I thought I was going to lose you." Derek said. "Hey, hey, look at me I'm right here and I'm not going anyplace, okay?" I said. "I love you." Derek said. I froze up when he said that. 'What do I do? Do I love Derek' I asked myself. 'I do.' "I love you too." I said.

I woke up I was on the bed Peter and Derek was having a conversation; "Derek." I said. "I'm over here." He said. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. "Do you love her?" Peter asked. "Of course I do." Derek replied. "But with the other things going on I don't think it's the best time." Derek said to Peter. "She is you're mate you're one true love. You have to tell her the way you feel." Peter exclaimed.