What Happened to my Hair? (ch.15)

On the morning of September 15th, I stir to the sounds of birds chirping, waking me from my peaceful slumber. Ah, this is the life of a new gangster; sunny skies, being happy, opening my eyes while listening to the beautiful sounds of nature, and the first thing I see on a fine morning like this one is Jesse Gosper. I feel as if cold water has just been dropped onto me; I imagine my hair soaking wet, and feel my good mood evaporate into the air that I breathe. I groan, wake me up from this nightmare. Or at least let me go back to the one I was having earlier, it isn't as gross as reality.

What is he doing here? I wipe the crust off of my eyelashes and try my best not to add to the shouting currently being done by Jesse. Go to hell... I glare at him with my tired, half open eyes; doesn't he know how to shut up? At least he could be a little quieter while screaming at me; he doesn't have to butcher my hearing... I have already ruined it enough by listening to my music a "little" too loud. We all have our way of escaping.

I look around to find an object within an arm's reach so that I can beat Jesse with it into next Tuesday. Wouldn't that be perfect? Payback for kissing me the other day. Instead of finding a bat, I grab my clock and get ready to throw, but not before glancing at the time; 6:02. Just great, I thought he said breakfast was at seven. What is he doing here now? I don't want to have to spend more time with him than I have to. I also don't want to wake up at this ungodly hour, but what can you do? It's not like I'm going to sleep after all of this. You see what you did now Jesse? You are getting me all worked up in the morning, I don't need this. I also don't need you. So then why do you keep on popping into my life?

"What do you want now? You told me breakfast was at seven, it is only six, so why are you here?" I say looking him up and down. Twice. Perfectly dressed, suited up and looking like his normal idiotic and hot self; Jesse ladies and gentlemen. Too bad throwing this clock at him is going to ruin all of that, maybe add a big, flashy, purple, and blue bruise. Like his own handmade, personal tattoo.

"I'm doing your parents proud; you are going to be the new." He stops, looking me up and down. "And improoved Jessica. It's time for a makeover, I don't let ugly people in my gang." Wow.

"I am shocked at how nice you are being to me, definitely a change in character from since I first met you." I smile in fake delight.

"Yeah, yeah. Keep up the attitude; it gives me more things to dislike about you. Anyways... I have figuered out what you are going to do for me everyday for the rest of your life." He winks.

"First off, you are almost officially the newest member in my little gang of thieves; you will also be joining me from time to time to execute our clients that don't know how to pay up on time. You know the norm."

Why do I feel as if that stupid head is making fun of me? Because you know he probably is. Jesse is just trying to feel better about himself, you know, the norm.

"I have big news for you, every time you spit out a sarcastic comment, or at least when I think you are, you seem gayer and gayer by the second. You are slowly killing yourself and making the image I have of you in my head seem more and more like a girl. Just thought that I'd let you know seeing as we're friends now, right?" I ask while batting my eyelashes. Try to chew that piece of gum.

Whatever playful attitude Jesse seemed to have before, disappeared in a milisecond. Litteraly. I watch as the light in his eyes leave as if it was never there. He starts approaching me, silently. I back up slowly, trying to keep as much distance as I can with him without hitting a wall. Bump. Too late.

Jesse smirks, still keeping that calm expression portrayed on his handsome face. I hold back the urge to shiver. I always seem to forget that my snarky comments can and will backfire when they decide to start playing with a high class criminal and a gang leader. I look around me, trying to remember any of my escape plans I came up with while playing my mind games earlier. Nothing helps. How did I not imagine something like this happening? Instead of Jesse cornering me, I was imagining an elephant dressed as Al Pacino chasing me with a gun. It's times like these when I wonder how I ever survived these sixteen years of my life. It was probably temporary luck because I sure as hell don't have any of that luck left anymore.