Good Girl, No Way (ch.1)

So I guess you already read my summary.... If you didn't.. well then you didn't miss the creation of the world.

-R

Jessica's POV

I wake up on this morning of September...something to the sounds of my annoying alarm clock. MONDAY, I think to myself.

Have you ever felt like you had so much energy Saturday and Sunday that you woke up on Monday drained? Most people, when they think Monday, they think school, and the odds are high that they might actually groan again, and that's a fact.

I kind of happen to be one of the people on the quite small list that actually like going to school. I get to have a whole different personality depending on the person I am talking to.

I will admit it, I'm a liar.

I feel "Zen" at school, nobody knows me there, in their heads, I could be a hockey playing clown. I am not your average girl. I have an attitude and I'm not exactly your normal definition of the word nice.

I am the eldest of a family of four, and we all live like a bunch of puzzle pieces; we're perfect together and unable to understand when apart.

Yeah, not exactly. Let me get one thing straight, what I just described, you know picture perfect family, is a load of crap.

Our house might look like that from the outside but once you walk inside... You'd be surprised at what you'd find.

Maybe I should call up my fake therapist a tell her about my new found discovery; I have mommy and daddy issues.

So once I find the needed energy to get out of my soft and comfy bed, I go shower and I get dressed.

I don't bother with any make up seeing as the only place I'm going to is school and I open the door of my bedroom, exiting my "sanctuary".

I skip down the stairs with my back straight and a smile on my face. My attitude change is sudden, but familiar to me as I come closer and closer to my mom. Over the years, we have grown apart, but it is expected of me to be impeccable in the eyes of my mother. Mistakes and faults aren't a possibility.

Before my feet touch the first floor of the house, I see my fourteen year old sister Skylar at the end of the stairs,waiting for me.

"Hey Sky, what's up?"

"Nothing, mom is in one of her "moods" again." I nod once and we head to the kitchen together.

"Finally the girl actually doesn't look like a bum." My mom says under her breath.

"Hello mother." I say.

She ignores me and hands me and Sky our lunches. I guess my sister was right.

We head for the front door after I grab my backpack from the front closet.

Even though I had gotten my license from the mail earlier this year, my mom didn't want to buy me a car or even let me get a job to pay for it.

Her point: my daily morning exercise; walking.

I say bye to my sister while she heads in a different direction with one of her friends that was waiting for her a few houses away from our own.

Once she is out of sight, I start walking deep into the forest to find my secret shed.

In movies, people make it sound like walking in a forest is a walk in the park, but it's really not. I can count more than 5 cuts on my left arm because I didn't notice a log underneath me as I was walking. I slipped. How do I have the nerve to call myself a bad ass, especially in this dress? Pathetic.