Chapter Thirteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)

Eylo! Sorry for the long wait XD (although it was only four days...)

Anyways, imma BACK :D I actually finished writing this a few days ago, but never got a chance to upload it... (which you probably don't care about)

So I'll just shut up now so you can read :P

Vote + Comment if you likey please :)

***

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter Thirteen (Zaira’s POV)

          Somehow, I made no move to eat the plate of cookies that my mom had placed on my bed earlier. All I could do is stare at now-cold goodness blankly, lost in my thoughts.

          I mean, those were soft chocolate-chip ones! My favourite kinds. But here I was, sitting on my bouncy bed, unlike my usual hyper self.

          It even surprised myself; every time I sat on this bed I would start bouncing up and down like a sugar crazed kid, and every time my mom made those heavenly cookies I would devour all of its contents in less than five minutes. Although now, I began thinking of my mom differently.

          Who could make me feel this way? Only one person could make me feel this numb and deep in thought, and that person was named Michael Ai. Or in other words, my so-called ‘dad’.

          Our talk at lunch on Saturday was more than confusing, and my brain was about to explode with the million or so possible scenarios. I just wanted to pull my hair out, one by one, to relieve all the anger and confusion I was feeling. Because of this, I had locked myself up in my room for the past few days. I just couldn’t face anyone with these thoughts still fresh in my mind.

          I took in a deep breath and tried to relax my tense muscles, but my hands were still in tight fists as I remembered the day he left us.

          It had just been a typical school day for me at eighth grade when I came home, finding my mom and dad nearly cutting off each other’s throats. Thank gosh Zach was at daycare; he didn’t have to experience that fight.

          Then he just disappeared in the morning. No, I’m not kidding. When I woke up the next morning, I found my mom staring out the window with a weird expression on her face, and most of the clothes and stuff that had belonged to my dad was gone.

          But that was more than a year ago, which was why it confused me so much that he was showing his face and trying to get me to believe something that I hoped wasn’t true.

          As I sat there, nestled in the comfort of my bed, someone started knocking on my window repeatedly.

          Wait…what?

          I shot out of bed and ran out to my window, shoving the blinds out of the way. My chest let out a breath of relief when I noticed that it was just rain, for the second time in the past few days. The sky turned dark and gloomy compared to the last time I had seen it, and the rain kept on hitting the glass like little pebbles.

          I snuggled back in my bed again, trying to find sleep even though it was early. A blinding light filled the room, before a deafening crash of thunder echoed in my ears.

          Because I was me, I jumped up at the unexpected sound. I guess I’m not going to get any sleep after all. I shook my head solemnly at the thought.