Chapter One - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)

This story is going to be written by TheBoredDevil, SomeoneAwesome, and LiddySykes (previously Chocolate_Luv), a.k.a. TheReal_Charmander, our joined account.

We'll be writing in different POVs:

TheBoredDevil -> Cyra Lee

SomeoneAwesome -> Addie Fahrenheit

LiddySykes -> Zaira Ai

This story is completely fictional, but it's based on true stories (our lives). Many parts have been changed and/or exaggerated, though.

NOTE: this story wasn't intended to offend anyone (e.g. boys...) so please don't take it personally. It's entirely for the plot and for humour so yeah.

Enjoy! :P

(Dedicated to @jlap11 for reading, voting, and commenting.)

***

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter One (Zaira’s POV)

          As soon as I groggily woke up to that annoying alarm, I knew that it wasn’t going to be a good day.

          And I was right, as usual.

          The tangled mess of red curls piled on my head, my so-called hair, was in unruly knots, and there were large, ugly bags under my eyes. Grunting, I pulled out my brush and tried to sort out the unfortunate mess, but without much luck. With a loud sigh, I gave up and swept my hair into a ponytail before hurrying downstairs where a mouth-watering scent of bacon was making its way upstairs.

          I caught sight of a plate sitting on the kitchen table and my stomach grumbled loudly. But just as I was about to reach my heaven, my idiot of a brother jumped in front of me with a wicked smile plastered on his face.

          “Boo!” the five year-old shouted in my face, or at least he tried to considering the fact that he was only three feet tall.

          I gasped and placed a hand on my chest. “Ahh! Zach, you scared me so much,” I managed to say monotone, biting back a sarcastic reply since my mother was standing right beside the doorway watching our every move. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest and one eyebrow raised higher than the other, as if to tell me I'd better impress her.

          Zach grinned. He was still hanging onto my leg with a hopeful look on his face, cutting off my circulation. "Haha! I knew you were a scaredy-cat."

          Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Yeah, I know right?"

          At that, my also red-headed mom strutted out the room with a satisfied smile on her face.

          “But seriously, get a life,” I muttered under my breath and shook my brother off. I continued my way to the kitchen, refusing to let his behaviours get to me this early in the day. Plus, I really needed my breakfast.

          I was happily devouring my heavenly plate of bacon and eggs when my mom and brother joined me at the table, with Zach poking her arm for attention and starting his usual list of stupid questions.

          “What does ‘get a life’ mean, mommy?” Zach asked with a mouth full of eggs and his juice-covered hands banging on the table expectantly. "I thought I'm already alive." The kid actually looked confused about it.