Chapter Twenty One - Addie's POV

Heyyylo guys =D

Sorry for the long wait...we went on a trip. =D

But anyways...here's Chapter 21 (finally), so please help us bump this story back up on the rankings! (since it's gone pretty low in the time that we were gone...)

Anyways, VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN!!

* * *

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter 21 (Addie’s POV)

          Strangely enough, Zaira was nowhere to be seen the next morning.

          As I stood there outside the school doors – the only vacant place that wasn’t occupied by tall, gossipy, and mindless students – with my fingers playing around with my backpack straps impatiently, my eyes once again scanned the large are in search of my redheaded friend. And, like all the other fifteen times, I failed to find her anywhere.

          Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming my way and whirled around excitedly. But my hopes fell as I saw Cyra approaching me. “Addie!” she called. “Did you tell Zaira about the dartboard yet?”

          “No,” I admitted sadly, “I can’t find her. Have you seen her anywhere?”

          “No, don’t tell her,” Cyra said, shaking her head. She reached up to fix her hair, which was tied up rather messily. “I want to make it a surprise.”

          Frowning, I let my shoulders slump. “Why not? I’ve been dying to tell.” Then my eyes lit up and I quickly asked, “Did you get the picture?”

          Grinning slyly, Cyra bent down and dropped her backpack. Unzipping it, she slowly pulled out the dartboard.

          Almost immediately, my hand flew up to my mouth in a desperate attempt to stifle the giggles that were sure to come. But I didn’t even make it to the five-second mark before I gave up and burst into uncontrollable laughter.

          “How did you manage to get that?!” I said, practically rolling on the floor. “Ew…”

          Cyra snorted and quickly put the dartboard back into her bag. “He wasn’t actually picking his nose,” she explained. Then, she added evilly, “But Zaira will never know that!”

          I snickered, trying hard not to hurt myself from laughing so hard. “Don’t worry, she’ll love this.”

          * * *

          Not only did Zaira not show up early like she always did, but by the time I finally looked up and saw her strolling into geography class, she was nearly fifteen minutes late.

          “Zaira!” I whispered as she angrily plopped down into the empty seat beside me. “What happened?”

          She blew a strand of her red hair out of her face and replied with what sounded like a giggle, but I was pretty sure it had meant to be a grunt.

          “Paul?” I guessed hopefully.

          Zaira threw me a glare, and just from that, I knew I was wrong.