Chapter Twenty Two - Zaira's POV

SURPRISE! We're updating!!! You guys didn't think we would ever update, did you?

Yeah, so we apologize about that. First off, @Chocolate_Luv changed her username to @LiddySykes, but I might forget so don't be confused if you notice four differently names :D. I'll probably stick to using @Chocolate_Luv on here, though, to make things less confusing.

So anyways...@LiddySykes got real lazy and never finished this chapter, so I (@SomeoneAwesome) at last decided to write it for her. :D YAY ME!!!

So here it is! If anybody is still waiting intently for updates, you guys are awesome. Hopefully we'll finish this story off.

***

Chapter 22 – Zaira's POV

          I don't know what was wrong with me, but when I heard the dismissal bell ring at last, I stuffed my books into my locker, grabbed my racket and gym clothes, and headed to the gym.

          Imagine my surprise when I found it completely empty, and I stood there blinking in confusion for a good minute before I realized that we didn't have practices on Thursdays.

           “Ugh!” I groaned, lazily dragging myself back to my locker. “What the fudge is wrong with me?”

          Stop lying to yourself, I thought angrily. You know perfectly well what's wrong.

          Sighing, I slipped my arms through my spring jacket and slung my backpack over one shoulder. The hallway was still jam-packed with annoying students shoving one another around, but even that couldn't bother me. I was still thinking about my dad...and what he'd told me.

          She lied.

          How could it be true? My dad had walked out on my life up until now. He couldn't expect me to believe him that easily.

          But then again, he had been quite convincing. Should I go confront my mom and look for signs of weakness? What would I even say? Oh, hey mom, I talked to dad last week and he told me you're actually the one who's been dating six people at once while you two were still married, not him.

          Okay, so that number was a little exaggerated.

          As I walked out of the school doors, I shook my head and tossed that thought away. My mom was never around long enough for us to have a discussion, anyways. At least not these days.

          * * *

          “I'm home!”

          I threw my bag carelessly onto the floor and strolled into the kitchen in search of a snack. Like I'd expected, nobody answered.

          And then I realized Zach's annoying whines were nowhere to be heard.

          Munching on a chocolate-chip cookie, I peered up the staircase curiously. “Zach?”

          No reply.

          I was just about to head up the stairs when I caught sight of the note taped on the fridge out of the corner of my eye. Frowning, I stuffed the rest of the cookie into my mouth and walked back into the kitchen.

          Hey sweetie,

          I'm working late today. There's frozen pizza and other stuff. You can even make yourself instant noodles if you want. Zach isn't feeling well and he's too young to stay home alone so he'll be with me.