Chapter Sixteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)

WHOO imma updating :D

This chappie might be a bit boring for those of you who don't play badminton...but I tried to explain it as best as I could :P

I was going to write something else...but the badminton tournament happened like yesterday so...yeah :D AND WE GOT THIRD PLACE! *Rubs the ribbon in all of your faces*

Anyways, I'll stop showing off and let you read XD

***

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter Sixteen (Zaira’s POV)

          “Wanna go to the end of school year dance with me?”

          I froze, nearly tripping over myself. My eyes went wide as Addie started choking on her food, and I took a couple steps back from the table that I had just been about to approach so that Jaden wouldn’t see me.

          From where I was currently standing, I could see that Jaden was playing with his fingers – a sure sign of nervousness. But except this time, no one was able to help him if he made an idiot out of himself.

          Addie actually glanced around the table to make sure that he was talking to her, but realized that she was the only person that was sitting there. Her dark brown eyes made their way to me and I gave her a thumbs up.

          “Um…” She looked around again like she was hoping for the ground to swallow her up.

          Waving my arms above my head, her eyes snapped towards me again. I smirked at her – silently nodding my head vigorously to tell her to say ‘yes’.

          “So…will you?” the desperate guy asked her again, shifting from one foot to the other.

          She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, looking deep in thought. That’s a good sign, I thought triumphantly. She’s thinking about it! A wide grin made its way up to my face and I felt like dancing in circles in the middle of the cafeteria – even though she hadn't exactly answered him yet. I mouthed ‘yes’ multiple times at her and the person beside me started nodding too.

          Wait, since when was there a person beside me?

          My head whipped around to see Cyra standing about a foot beside me with a lunch tray in hand, begging Addie to agree with her eyes. I opened my mouth, wanting to explode into a rant about asking Cyra for lunch money, before I realized that the scene happening in front of me was probably more important and interesting.

          “Um, I’ll think about it,” our friend finally told Jaden.

          The huge smile on my face immediately slipped off and I stomped my foot in disappointment. Why won’t she just say ‘yes’? I thought to myself.  How hard is it to just say ‘yes’? It's only one syllable anyways; even a two year old can pronounce it!

          These thoughts continued to swarm in my head as Jaden walked away with his head down, obviously upset that he didn’t get a straight answer. Everyone could tell that he liked her, so why couldn’t she just say ‘yes’?

          “Aren’t you coming?” a voice asked questioningly.

          I looked around and saw Cyra staring at me weirdly at the table along with everyone else. I was still standing where I was before, muttering angrily to myself like I was mental. A blush made its way up my face and I rushed towards the table, ready to scold Addie along with Cyra and Sammy.