Almost - Kid x Reader

(Y/N)'s POV

I shouldn't have come here.

I shouldn't have taken this mission.

I shouldn't have left Death City.

I shouldn't have left Kid.

There's a million and one things going on through my mind. Being chained to the wall, one can't help but to think.

These damn chains absorb my energy, and I'm too weak. Even if I was able to transform, I'm a weapon without a meister.

I'm fine on my own, I'm one of the few weapons at the academy who don't need a meister all the time. However, now would be the time for one.

But I can't even change.

All I can do is go through my regret. What if I hadn't left Kid? I obviously wouldn't have taken the mission.

I can't help but think how he's doing. Ironic, when I'm the one about to die chained to this wall. I wonder if he's okay.

I let out a sigh. I figured since these are my last moments, and since no one would see me...

I let it all out.

I screamed and thrashed, sobbed and moaned. Tears streamed down my face, my nose runny. My heart was breaking from my emotions. I banged my head back against the wall, and I swear I could feel blood running through my hair.

"What's going on in here?!"

---

"Kid, how much longer?" Liz asked as they walked through the streets. They've been walking for about an hour or so.

"Well," Kid started with a blush. "It's taking me a while to translate everything." A sweatdrop made it's way down his head as he looked to the map.

"YOU'RE A SHINIGAMI YOUR CHINESE SHOULD BE PERFECT!" Patti yelled, pointing an accusing finger at her meister.

"Anyways," He said, ignoring her. "According to the map and my, hopefully correct, translations, this should be the street." Kid said, looking up.

"So the place is an abandoned warehouse?" Liz asked.

"Yeah," Kid replied. "Let's go. I need you guys to transform now, since we don't know what lies ahead."

The sisters transformed into symmetrical weapons, and Kid made his way down the street.

----

"So, pretty girl. You seem desperate."

In front of (Y/N) was a Chinese woman with black hair flowing down to her back, clad in a skin tight leather dress.

She was a witch.

Her witch hat sat on an angle on her head as she sat on her flying broom.

(Y/N) said nothing, only glaring at the witch that held her captive.

"Oh? What's wrong? You don't want to talk to me?" She teased.

"What do you want with me, Xìanmù?" (Y/N) asked the witch.

Xìanmù laughed. "Isn't it obvious? Now, what does my name translate in English?"

"Envy." Replied (Y/N).

"Exactly. I want something you've got." The witch said as she looked at her nails.

"Oh? And exactly what is it you want from me?" (Y/N) asked.

Xìanmù smirked.

"Death the Kid."

(Y/N)'s POV

What? Kid? Why does she want him?

"He's not mine," I said to her. Technically he wasn't anymore, we broke up.

"Yes yes I've heard about that little break up." Xìanmù said.

"Is there anything you don't know?" I asked.

She hummed in response. "Anyways, I want Death the Kid, the son of the shinigami."

"Why?

"功率." She said simply.

"Power?" I asked.

Xìanmù nodded. "That boy has so much power. When he comes to rescue you, I'll capture him and kill him."

"No!" I yelled, thrashing around.

"Then I'll absorb all the power in his cute little body." She said.

---

"I think this is it," Kid said, looking up at the building.

"Really? What makes you so sure?" Liz asked.

Kid let out a breath and clutched his chest. "I can feel her with my soul perception." He said with a smile.

Only (Y/N)'s soul made him feel this way. Whenever he feels her through soul perception, he feels warm and fuzzy.

The sibling pistols couldn't help but smile and pinch their meister's cheeks when they felt his soul wavelength get all happy.

"Aww Kiddo! How cute!" Patti cooed.

"Yeah! Don't worry, we'll set you two back up!" The older sibling said.

"Okay okay," he said, swatting their hands away gently. "Transform now. Things could get messy. We don't know what lies ahead."

The sisters transformed into their weapon form, and Kid kicked down the door.

"(Y/N)!" He called out.

Kid looked around the first room of the warehouse. Then he heard a scream.

"(Y/N)!" He said before running down the hall.

He found a door, and he could sense (Y/N)'s soul behind it. He heard another scream as well.

"Stop it! No!" She screamed.

Hearing enough, Kid kicked the door down.

"(Y/N)!"

"Kid, no!"

---

Hi everyone! I know. This was crap. It took me forever to write this chapter because I have a huge writer's block for this mini series. So please bear with me!

Feel free to vote and comment if you enjoyed, and add to library if you want to be updated the next time I post a new story!

I'll do my best to get chapters out soon. Thanks guys!

Byeeeeeee!