My Best Friend - Kid x Reader

Hey everyone! Here's another AU fanfic, featuring my favorite character!

Kid was on your bed as you bandaged him up once again.

"Kid, how many times do I have to do this?" You ask, tending to the cut on his cheek.

Kid smirked slightly. "Well that guy was asking for it. No one makes fun of my best friend like that!" He announced, motioning to you.

You blushed slightly at what Kid said. You two have been best friends since you were five. He was a bit reckless, and you usually ended up tending to his needs.

"Anyways, can I take a shower? I have a date with Liz tonight," Kid said with a smile.

Your blush fades away as a slight frown comes up on your face, but then you quickly cover it up with a fake smile.

"Yeah of course! You know where everything is, just go on ahead."

Kid hops off your bed as he makes his way to your bathroom, taking off his shirt as he walks. You couldn't help but gaze at his back muscles and the way his arms flexed.

It's not that you hated Liz, it's just you were jealous of her because she had Kid. You and your friends thought he was going to ask you out, but when he met Liz everything changed. He spent less time with you and more time with her. Sometimes, you wouldn't see or hear from Kid in a week.

You left your room and came back ten minutes later, Kid's spare clothes in one hand and a tray of food in another. You look and you see Kid doing something in your room, clad only in your (f/c) towel.

"Kid, how many times do I gotta tell you to not to fix my room when you're only wearing my towel?" You say with a smirk on your face.

The boy turned around to face you and grinned sheepishly. "Haha, sorry (Y/N) but your stuff wasn't symmetrical!" He confessed to you.

You roll your eyes and passed Kid his clothes. "Here, take your clothes you naked child! I washed them last week, since that was the last time you stayed over."

"W-wait... Did you wash my boxers?" Kid asked with a slight blush on his face.

You laughed at your best friend as you made your way to your dresser and opened the drawer labeled "Kid's Stuff."

"Let's see... You want your blue boxers, the pink, or the ones with the skulls on it?" You ask him while laughing.

"Should I be concerned that we're this casual?" Kid asked as he grabbed a pair from you. You shook your head in reply to him.

"Just give me back my towel, Kiddo!" You say to him as he makes his way back to the bathroom to change.

Two Weeks Later...

You were sitting in Kid's car, a worried look on your face as he gripped the steering wheel. You weren't expecting him to call and pick you up at two in the morning.

"Kid.. What-"

"Liz dumped me." He interrupted, not looking at you.

Your mouth hung slightly open, surprised at what he told you.

"But... You were gonna..." You start, feeling bad for your best friend.

"I know. Here, take it. Pawn it, sell it, do whatever you want with it. Give whatever money you get to that charity you volunteer at." Kid said brusquely, tossing the velvet box to you.

You catch the box, then open it, revealing the beautiful and expensive engagement ring. You sigh before putting it in your bag, not wanting to argue with him.