I Like You - Kid x Xena

Hello hello hello! This is going to be a requested story from a lovely reader/follower! And I decided to do this as an AU one shot, so I hope she likes it!

I also apologize to her for the ridiculously long amount of time it took me to write this!

---

...In the lunch line...

Xena and Kid were standing with their trays while the line slowly trudged on. Xena then remembered that she needed her money, and peeked in her bag.

Oh.

Poke poke poke

"Kiddo. Kiddo. Kiddo. Kiddo. Kiddo. Ki-"

"WHAT?!"

"Can I borrow five bucks?"

Kid looked at the pinkette with an 'absolutely not' expression. "No, now stop poking me."

Xena gave Kid her best puppy dog face - the pout, big green eyes, even a little whine that she knew was perfect ammunition against her best friend.

The boy gave a sigh before reluctantly pulling out his wallet.

"That damn puppy face..." He muttered as he handed over the bill.

"Yay! Thanks Kiddo!" Xena said, pecking the boy on the cheek.

The raven head boy looked at the girl weird. "What was that about?"

Xena's POV

Oh, shit! I guess I went a bit too overboard!

"Uh, nothing! I just wanted to say thanks, that's all." I replied quickly, turning my head so he doesn't see the blush forming on my face.

From the corner of my eye, I see Kid shrug his shoulders then looks away.

Whew.

That was close.

Why does Kid have to be so cute? From his OCDness to his striped hair he's freaking perfect.

And like my best friend.

Who I might be-

Ah fuck it-

Who I am in love with.

I admit it, I am in love with Death the Kid, aka my best friend, aka the principle's son, aka the most perfect guy ever.

And it hurts me so much because I've been in love with him since forever, and I want to tell him so bad. Every time I think about it I get all anxious and nervous and stressed out. I can't help but feel sad about it every time.

After Kid and I payed, we walked over to the table and joined the rest of the Spartoi gang. Just the same usual, Black*Star and Tsubaki and Soul and Maka all cuddling and happy and shit.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my best friends and all, but Kid and I are the only ones who aren't in a relationship, and the boy I want to be with is... Yeah Kid.

My life.

---

At the end of the school day

'Xena has been acting weird lately, Kid thought to himself as he opened his locker, pulling out his books. He's been observing her lately, and she's been having changes in mood and stuff. 'She's been kissing me a lot lately too...'

'Not that I mind...'

"Kid!"

Said boy turned around and was faced by a running couple, Soul and Maka. They appeared frantic.