Breakup - Kid x Reader

Previously...

And she left.

Immediately after the door closed, Kid's expression faltered.

What did he just do?

One week later...

Kid and (Y/N) sat in the corner of the coffee shop. It was around noon, the shop was bustling, slightly crowded. Yet there was an awkward tension hanging in the air.

(Y/N) fingered the rim of the coffee cup that Kid had bought her, tracing over the slight lipstick mark she left.

Kid bounced his knee and tapped his fingers on the table, as if he was playing the piano.

"So..." (Y/N) started awkwardly. She lifted her eyes slightly, looking at Kid's forehead and my his eyes.

"So..." He repeated.

(Y/N) let out a sigh. "Kid, why did you invite me here?" She asked with a sad expression.

It's not that she didn't want to be here. It's just she didn't want to go through the heartbreak and pain again.

"It's just..." Kid started, unsure of his words. "You left, and we haven't spoken to each other in a while."

"Also... I'm curious about what happens to..."

"Us?" (Y/N) asked.

"Uh huh."

"Kid, I..." She said. "I don't think we should stay together." (Y/N) said bluntly.

"Wha-why?" He was stunned. Kid loves (Y/N), and he knows that she loves him too.

"We're too different, we argue a lot. You and I may not be the best for each other, and you can do so much better." (Y/N) said sadly, a tear escaping her eye.

Standing up, (Y/N) grabbed her jacket and briskly put it on.

"Wait, (Y/N). We can work this out." Kid said, standing up and placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Kid, no. I don't want to hurt you anymore, and if I can't make you happy I'll hurt myself." She sobbed.

(Y/N) gently cupped Kid's face and softly gave him a kiss on the lips.

"(Y/N)," he pleaded. "Please. Don't do this."

She let out a sigh. "I'm sorry Kid."

"Goodbye."

She turned on her heel and fast-walked out of the coffee shop.

Kid clunked back into his seat, and rested his elbows on the table and ran his fingers through his hair. He let out a sigh, devastated.

'She left me.' He thought sadly.

---

Kid was walking around the neighborhood. It was around nine o'clock pm.

He looked down at his feet, kicking a pebble back and forth. His hands were in his coat pockets, clenched fists from his emotions.

Kid knew where he was going, he was heading over to (Y/N)'s apartment. Once he got there, he pressed the doorbell.

'Hopefully she'll talk to me.'

Thirty seconds passed, still no answer. Kid pressed the doorbell again, only to be faced with silence once more. He peeked through the window and saw (Y/N)'s things still there, but no signs of life.

Confused, Kid sat down on the concrete stairs and pulled out his phone, dialing his friends' numbers. He called them, asking if they knew where she was, and each of them had pretty much the same reply.

The female meister was his first call. "No," Maka said. "I haven't seen her."

"Sorry, Kid, but I don't know." Tsubaki said as she was cooking with her phone in between her shoulder and face.

Kid called the guys, knowing they were at the park playing basketball. "Nah, bro." Black*Star said over the phone. "Soul and I have no idea."

Dialing his phone, Kid contacted Liz.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Liz. Have you seen or heard from (Y/N)?" He asked.

"No, actually I haven't seen her in a few days since the last mission." Liz replied.

Kid let out a frustrated sigh.

"What's wrong?" The weapon asked. "I can practically feel your upset wavelength through the phone."

"We... We broke up and I came by her apartment to try to talk to her and I have no idea where she is." The meister explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry buddy. Why don't you contact your dad?" Liz suggested.

Agreeing, Kid thanked Liz before hanging up. He went to the window, breathed heavily on it, and wrote through the condensation the number he used to contact his father.

"Hiya! Howdy! How's it - Kiddo?" Lord Death answered. "What's wrong?"

Kid stared back at his father confused. "How did you know something was wrong?" He couldn't help but ask.

"Well, you have a sad expression on your face and you called me from a window, not the mirror you usually summon." His father explained.

The young shinigami looked down. "I didn't feel like summoning it." He replied.

"Anyways, have you heard from (Y/N)?"

Suddenly, a frown appeared on Lord Death's mask. "Kiddo, I... I'm sorry." He said.

"What do you mean?"

The father let out a sigh to his son before explaining himself.

"(Y/N) came by a few hours ago. She seemed sad, and I just figured she had a rough day or something." He started.

"Anyways, she asked me for a mission, to which I replied I had no quick missions that she could complete, only long term."

"And?" Kid questioned.

"She said that she needed to get away for a very long time, and a long term mission was exactly what she had in mind."

"What?!" The boy exclaimed.

"I'm really sorry, Kiddo. I didn't give it a second thought, but I'm just starting to realize that the two of your broke up, am I correct?" The shinigami asked his son, to which he nodded.

"How long will she be gone?" Kid asked, dreading the upcoming answer.

"I'm not sure, the mission she chose had an undetermined timeline." He said.

"Father, please let me go after her! Kid pleaded.

"Now, Kid. You know I can't jeopardize the mission like that." Lord Death said. "(Y/N) is supposed to check in daily. If we don't hear anything from her for an extended period of time, we'll deem her MIA, and then I'll send you after her."

Kid was uneasy with this answer, yet thanked his father before disconnecting.

He rubbed the back of his neck.

'So I have to look forward to (Y/N) going missing?!' He thought to himself.

'What a fucked up situation.'

Hello everyone! Here is part two of my little diddy :P I hope you enjoyed this, and I will be posting the final, part three, as soon as I can.

As for those who requested stories to me, I promise to work on that as soon as possible, after I post part three!

I am currently working on three stories, this included. The other two stories I am quite excited for! I have a story that is based on one person, so it's not a couple centered one shot, and I have a story requested by one of my lovely readers.

I feel so backed up with stories, along with my other activities, so I will get these out as soon as I can!

Anyways, thanks for reading! Feel free to vote and comment if you enjoyed, and add to library if you want to be updated when I post a new story!

Bye bye!!