Picture Perfect! Kid x Reader

At the beach...

"Okay guys, say cheese!" You said to your friends.

"Cheeeeeeseeee!" They all said in unison, smiling for the picture.

"Got it! Aw, Soul! You and Maka look adorable!" You cooed, showing the picture to the gang.

Soul was carrying Maka on his back, Black*Star was flexing his muscles, Tsubaki and Liz looked like super models in their swimsuits, Patti made a funny face while wearing her giraffe tube, and Kid was symmetrically giving two peace signs and an adorable smile.

"Aw, look at us! We're all such cuties!" Liz said, smiling at the picture.

"Yeah, here, (Y/N)! Pass me the camera! I'll take a picture of you and Kid!" Maka said to you.

"Oh, that's okay!" You replied. Kid looked at you weird.

"You don't wanna take a picture?"

"Oh, it's not that! It's just I'm not the type of person who's in pictures often. I don't mind taking them though," you said to him.

...

After the beach, Kid came over to your apartment to have dinner. While you were cooking, he was in your room, looking around.

'Hmm...' Kid thought. '(Y/N) isn't in any of these pictures.' He noticed, looking at your wall.

There were pictures of the group at the academy, some missions, sometimes when they hung out, etc. Some of your pictures were locations that were really nice.

Still looking, Kid saw some candid pictures that you took of him when he wasn't looking - he was cooking, reading, writing - simple moments that meant a lot to you.

'Wow. She sure loves taking pictures.' He thought, smiling to himself. 'But why doesn't (Y/N) like being in them? She's beautiful.'

'I guess she's just insecure. I wish she saw herself the way I see her,' Kid thought, picking up your Polaroid camera.

Suddenly, Kid came up with an idea, and, still holding your camera, snuck off to the kitchen where you were.

He saw you cooking, and held up the camera and took a picture of you without you noticing. When it developed, he looked at it, and smiled.

'Absolutely perfect,' he thought to himself, pocketing the picture before taking more.

One week later...

Kid's POV

I've gone around taking candid pictures of (Y/N) without knowing. I had some from her apartment, at school, the library, the park, and dozens more.

I was collecting them and keeping them, hoping my plan would make her happy.

"Hey, Kid?" I heard (Y/N) say. I quickly hid the camera behind my back, hoping she didn't notice.

"Oh, hey love. What's up?"

"Have you seen my Polaroid? I haven't seen it since we went to the beach.

'Great! She has no idea!' I though triumphantly.

"No, actually, I haven't. Have you checked everywhere?

"Yeah, it's not in my bag that I took to the beach, not in my room, my locker..." She said, looking down.

Honestly, I hate lying to her. But I don't want to ruin my plan just yet.

"Oh, well I'll help you look later. Come by to the manor later and check, maybe you left it at my house." I said to her.

(Y/N) shrugged her shoulders. "Okay, Kiddo. I'll see you tonight?" She said, giving me a small smile.