Healthy Short Skirt! SoMa

"Soul hurry up!" Maka yelled, pulling her weapon's arm behind her. "Stein said that if we're late one more time, we'll get detention!"

Soul huffed in response. "We wouldn't always be late if someone would lessen the amount of time they were in the bathroom, you know." He replied.

Maka rolled her eyes and she and Soul ran into Stein's class, ready for the day.

*After school*

Maka and Soul were walking home from the academy, Soul slightly ahead of Maka. It had been a long day for Maka, and she was tired. Maka yawned behind Soul, who happened to hear her.

"Tired?" He asked, giving a quick glance back to his meister. She nodded.

"Running to school this morning got me tired, and I didn't have much sleep last night."

"Maybe if you weren't always reading or studying late at night, you'd have a little bit more energy, you know?" Soul said, smirking a little bit.

Maka simply shrugged her shoulders. She knew he was right, and he would always scold her about her not taking proper care of herself. Lots of times, Soul would walk into her room in the morning to wake her up, only to find her sleeping on her desk on top of a book or her notes.

Lost in her train of thought, Maka almost tripped over something. Wait, why was Soul squatting a bit? She looked down at him in confusion, wondering what he was doing.

"Well what are you waiting for? Get on, dummy." Soul said looking up at her. It was at that moment Maka got the message. She hoisted her bag higher on her body, then wrapped her arms and legs around Soul. He stood up, then continued walking with her on his back.

"You're light, you know," he said. "You really should be eating more."

Maka was unsure how to respond. She didn't want to reply with an "I know," because she knew her partner would reprove her again.

"It's not healthy for a girl like you not to eat properly. How about I make you something to eat when we get back home?" Soul asked. Maka smiled slightly, and nodded. "Yes please. Besides, it is your turn to cook dinner tonight," she said, giggling a little bit.

Soul smirked in response. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

*Ten minutes later*

Soul unlocked and opened the door to the apartment, Maka still on his back. 'She hasn't said anything for a while,' he thought. "Maka?"

Soul turned his head just enough to see his partner fast asleep. Her mouth was slightly agape, soft breaths coming in and out. Her head was tilted and rested comfortably on his shoulder.

Soul rolled his eyes as he blushed a little bit. 'What am I going to do with you, Maka?' He thought to himself. Soul walked her to the living room, then gently set her down on the couch, not waking her up. He went to his room and grabbed his blanket - the fluffy one that she loves to steal from him - and covered her body with it. He then went to the kitchen to make dinner as his meister slept soundly.

About thirty minutes later, Soul had turned the stove off and placed the stir fry on the table. He looked at the clock, and noticed it was already 7 o'clock pm. 'I guess I should wake up Maka so we can eat.'

Soul walked over to the living room, surprised when he saw both Maka and his blanket gone. "Maka?" He called out, looking around the apartment.

He walked up to Maka's bedroom, and knocked on the door before entering. He then saw Maka on her bed, wrapped up in his blanket, with a rather large hardcover book in her hands. She didn't seem to have noticed him.

"Now what did I say about you reading all the time?" Soul asked, leaning against the door frame. Maka looked up surprised at him, then grinned sheepishly. "Haha, sorry about that, Soul. It's just that I got this book last week, and I never got the chance to start it."

Soul rolled his eyes as he moved away from the door frame. "Come on, dinner is ready." The girl shook her head. "Hold on, ten more minutes!" She argued, eyes still locked on her novel.

Her weapon chuckled in response, then made his way over to his meister. He then placed one hand under her knees, and one arm snaked around her back, pulling her out the blanket and dropping her book. "Alright Maka let's move it!" He said, walking out of Maka's room. Maka then pounded at Soul's chest.

"Wait! My blanky! It's a cooooold world out there Soul!" She whined, giving her best baby voice. The boy quickly shook his head, trying to get rid of the tiny blush he had on his face.

"No way Maka! You're gonna eat right now. Besides, it's my blanket anyways, you theif!" He said, glaring his eyes at her, causing Maka to laugh as they went into the kitchen.

After dinner, Maka decided to do the dishes, since Soul had made dinner. He walked to the living room, and switched the TV on. He was a bit tired from today, but mainly still worried about his partner and her health.

A few minutes later, the Evans boy jumped at the sound of a thump, and some dishes crashing. He ran to the kitchen, only to see Maka on the floor with broken dishes around her.

"Maka! What the hell? Get up!" Soul yelled, shaking her shoulders slightly. Maka grimaced in response. The boy sighed as he once again lifted her up, careful not to cut either one of them on the broken plates that surrounded them.

"Geez Maka, what's with you today?" Soul asked worriedly, looking down at his partner. When he got to her room and wrapped her in his blanket, he touched her forehead, then jerked his hand back to him. She was burning up.

Soul sighed as he went to the bathroom and grabbed a cool compress and some medicine. He walked back into the room with a bottle of water as well, and Maka sat up.

"Here, take these. That should bring your fever down in a bit," he said, passing her the medicine and water. Once she took it, she then laid her head back down onto her pillow. "I'm sick, Soul. I think I caught a cold or something." Maka said as the weapon placed the cool compress on her forehead, then he moved away a few stray stands of her hair from her face.

"No shit, Sherlock," he said in reply. "I told you, you gotta take better care of yourself."

Maka sighed, then looked up to him with puppy dog eyes. "Can you stay with me tonight? I'm really cold," she
begged.

Soul's face went red. 'Damnit, Maka! Why you gotta be so cute?' He thought.

After he changed his clothes, Soul tucked himself into Maka's bed, wrapping his arms around the petite girl. She then turned to him and tucked her head underneath his chin.

"Maybe I should wear thicker clothes when we go out now, since it is getting cold." She said, her voice slightly muffled into Soul's chest. He grinned. "Maybe you should. That jacket can only cover so much."

"Maybe I should switch to pants or leggings instead of such a short skirt," Maka suggested.

Soul shook his head slightly. "Nah, I like the short skirt."

"Wait, what?"

Soul blanched as he realized what he said. He then closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Maka looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. She noted a slight smirk on his lips as his eyes remained closed.

"Hmm... I guess I'll keep the skirt then." She spoke out loud while closing her eyes. She only felt Soul's arms grip around her body tighter as he pressed his lips to the top of her cooling head.