Finding the Killer

Murder & Margaritas, as we all know it, is a murder mystery set near Villa Katsura on a British Virgin Island. However, that doesn't answer this question: Who's the killer?

In light of that, we'll be spicing things up a little with a fun "activity". We're making it such that the murderer is one of you! It will be up to the rest of the competitors to find out who amongst them is responsible for the killing and in doing so, free everyone else on the island. This will be a slight twist on the function of ballots, as well as the addition of a new segment known as Finding the Killer.

We'll walk you through this whole process in two parts.

PART I: SELECTING THE KILLER

1. After reservations end and all forms have been received, we will draw lots from amongst the names of the competitors to pick ourselves a single murderer. (There will be no second pickings, so please make sure you're alright with being chosen before joining!)

2. This murderer will be notified via PM. After that, their job is pretty much done! All there is to do is promise not to tell a soul, keep absolutely quiet about their role and try their best to ward off suspicion.

Note: All happenings of Finding the Killer need not be considered "canon", meaning that neither the murderer nor the rest of the competitors are required to keep their actions aligned with what happens in-entry (though they may if they so wish).

PART II: FINDING THE KILLER

1. Ballots work differently these Games. Every task, each competitor will be given a number of ballots higher than the typical amount (possibly up to five). This is to hopefully prevent any drastic ties in ballot rankings. Competitors will place ballots on those they suspect might be the murderer. This is the only form of ballots that will be used throughout the Games, and we're making it such that their function is to aid in finding the killer.

2. There will be two segments on the voting page. One will be the usual eliminatory vote for the lowest ranking competitors. The other will be labeled Finding the Killer. Under this segment, the top few most balloted competitors for that task will face voting.

3. Voters will have to vote in both segments of the voting page. Under the normal voting segment, voters will vote for the competitors they wish to save from elimination. Under Finding the Killer, voters will vote for the competitor they most believe to be the murderer.

4. The following task, voting results will be revealed. If the competitor who gains the highest number of votes under Finding the Killer is the murderer, the Games ends and all remaining competitors get off the island unscathed. If this competitor ISN'T the murderer, we'll make things fun for everyone by issuing him or her a little penalty. This is pretty much equivalent to the ballot challenges everyone is used to.

5. The cycle repeats itself every task until the murderer is found.

This is how Finding the Killer will work as a whole, with a few exceptions:

- If the killer is found before Task Three, a new killer may be selected and the Games will continue accordingly. The original murderer becomes a normal competitor.

- If the killer dies by eliminatory vote, it is assumed that the murderer is dead and the Games end as well.

- If the killer is not found by the Task Six voting round, the mission is considered unsuccessful and the Games will run on till the Finals.

- Voting and ballot challenges will both end at Task Six. This means that while the final voting round for Finding the Killer will be held during the Task Six voting round, there will be no ballot challenge in Task Seven.

That's all for now! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot your lovely hosts a comment or private message. They want nothing but for you to have the most enthralling experience Villa Katsura has to offer.