Chapter Two

Ava's POV

"You have to come with me.."
Chase commands

"Hey..am not your puppet that you can just order around like that"

"You need to be protected"

"I can handle myself"

"Ava..this isn't a joke..that was only one demon..there are more coming for you"

Who does he think he is?
Bossing me around like that?

She turns to leave..

"Fine..see if I care" Chase yells and watched me walk off

Chase's POV

Of course I care..I was assigned to protect her from anything..but she is being so hard about it..
Gosh I have to follow her but I won't let her know..

He followed her behind but not letting her know..

Ava's POV

I went home as fast as I could..turning back to be sure of anymore demons..

Opening the door to our apartment and everything was in pieces..My jaw dropped as I stared at what was before me..

I ran in and searched for my Dad and he was nowhere in the house..I yelled out his name and waited for a response but none came..

I wondered what might have happened to him then I saw that slimy goo that was before me at the alley..

And it hit me..
The demons got Dad!!
I screamed..

"No kidding" I heard and I immediately recognised the voice..

It was that dude Chase
I immediately turned back and shot him a dirty look..

"What?.it's his fault..He kept the ring" He grunted and folded his arms.

"What ring??" I questioned hard
He put his head in his hands and shook it cause her ignorance annoyed him..

"So you don't know anything about your mum being evil"

"My mum is dead"

"True but before she died..she wanted to use the ring power for evil"

"What is this ring?..you know what, I have not time for this all I need to know now is where my Dad is"

He started sniffing weirdly and looked around like a dog..

"I smell demons"

"You can smell demons!" I said more like a statement than a question.

"Yes and now we need to hide"

He got grip of me and ran and hid under something that used to be my kitchen cupboard.

I wanted to talk but he put his hand over my mouth and that restricted me from uttering a word and now I was getting a bit scared..
What if everything that he said is true?
What if mum was really evil?
What if the Demons are with my Dad?

I questioned alot of this in myself and I felt hot tears go down my cheek and I realised that yes I was sobbing..

I was distracted by the destructive noise that I heard from my living room..

I shrugged trying not to think of the demons..Chase left me there and mimed his pointy finger on his mouth indicating for me to keep shut..

I squealed cause I know how hard that is..but I couldn't just sit here and do nothing..I had to fight for my Dad but what will I do..

I heard a slicing noise which immediately drew me out of my trance..and I looked up and saw Chase standing in front of me with his glowing sword that was coated with demon goo..

Chase's POV

She just kneels there and looks at me like some weirdo but a cute weirdo..

I held out my hand like before trying to help her up and she had to take a minute before taking my hand..

"So where do you think my Dad is?"

"He must have been taking by those demons"

"I don't believe in any of this things"

"Ava you just heard me kill a demon..you watched me also kill a demon back in the alley and still you don't believe that this demons aren't real..you think it's some kind of show?"

She squealed and kinda nodded..I shook my head..

"So who would you believe?" I asked clearly disgusted by her obnoxious character.

"My neighbour" she said wide eyed
"She must have seen something" she added still wide eyed..

"Okay..let's go" I said and we walked out of her apartment and went down the stairs..

She gave three knocks on the door before the finally opened..

We both greeted politely but mine was more like a sneer..

She let us in and immediately locked the door like she was trying to hide something and I became suspicious and my eyes caught a mark..painted black on her neck and another one on her hand..

Yes..she must know about all this demons..she will tell Ava the truth.

Ava's POV

Why does she look so jumpy?..ahh forget it ..I gotta find my Dad..

"Mrs Cathswill..please could you tell me if you saw any thing about my Dad like his whereabouts?"

"Well Ava dear..I haven't seen any thing today" She said while massaging her hands together so she was obviously hiding something..

"Are you sure ma?"

"Ava I said that I didn't see anything happen" she was still doing that thing with her hand and more faster this time..

What can I do to make her talk...I know that she knows something but why won't she tell me?

"Mrs Cathswill..I am Chase" He politely said but I was still in thoughts..

"Yes?"

"Ava and I know that you saw and k ow something about her father's whereabouts..and seeing that you have that mark on you then I know that you know something about the shadow hunters"

She gasped and almost went of balance while trying to hide that  black mark on her hand but mistakenly raised it up..revealing itself more..

It looked like the figure eight with a cross on top it..

I knew that I have seen that somewhere but I couldn't just place my finger on it..

"So what?..I know about the shadow hunters..how does that help us find Ava's Dad?"She asked and folded her arms..

"Please Mrs Cathswill..don't play naive...We both know something that Ava doesn't" Chase insisted.

"Please..you need to go..both of you..I have said to much"
She shoved us out the door and bolted it lock..

I broke down..having no hope of finding my Dad..

Mrs Cathswill's POV

What does she know?
She shouldn't know anything about this or she could be in serious danger..

I continued my work around my apartment when I caught sight of the book that Ava's Dad gave to me as a present..
Her father was exemplary in drawing..He was a great artist and I always wondered why he gave me that book.. but I never let the thought go into my head..

I hope you are enjoying SHADOW HUNTERS..keep reading and vote
Xoxo *-* 😘Pierre_Luc